Closing

The clock ticks as I write on this tear-spotted paper. My eyes won’t stop leaking. They must know where I’m heading, and they don’t like it.
It’s not as if I’m happy to be leaving you all in a mere twenty-four hours, but we knew this day would come. We know that all good things come to an end. We know that life doesn’t last forever.
I would be lying if I said I wasn’t scared; I am. Very scared. Not that it matters. I’m not one to stand in the way of G-d’s agenda. At this point there are two things I can do. I can hope. I can hope I did enough good in my lifetime. I can hope that I’ll end up in the right place. The other thing I can do is write this letter to you.
I’m leaving this world, but you’re still here. Don’t take that for granted. Life is a precious gift that shouldn’t be underused or abused. If you look at it from the right angle, it can be the most wonderful experience. Look at it the wrong way and all you’ll see is an empty vessel with no purpose, nothing to do, and when the time comes it won’t much matter anymore. Make sure it matters.
Be kind to others. They have lives as well. They want to make the most of them just as you do. Don’t make it hard for them. Some will break down. Don’t let that happen.
I’ve now told you what to do regarding your life and others. Overall, you should approach things with a clear mind, and most importantly, a pure soul. Don’t be an idiot. Don’t be the person who wastes his life rotting in prison. Don’t let other people do that. Use your head.
My lights are fading, but yours are still glowing brightly. As this letter comes to a close, so does my life. You can miss me; I’ll miss you. There’s nothing we can do about it. Nothing except say goodbye. So…
Goodbye.

SilverLunaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...

This is really beautiful...and really scary...because it's as though the subject at hand is true.

Life is a scary thing to loose.

flawless200This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 13, 2011 at 9:47 am:

I love the piece also. Great!!

youngpilotThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 21, 2011 at 10:39 am:
this is awesome:) how did you do at J7X? very well rounded:)