"Just Because" chapter one

**Chapter One**

Snickers, sneers, and stares. The three "S's" I dread. I certainly got those today, A LOT. I walked slowly alongside the Administrator of the new high school I would be attending as she showed me to my homeroom. "Hello Mrs. Green, I'd like you to meet Kellsie Winston, your new student." said Ms. Kingsly, the Administrator. "Oh, Hello Kellsie. Welcome to East Bay. Your going to just love it here." My new homeroom teacher welcomed me in the room. I thought about running, out, out, out. Out the door, out the school, out of this town. Instead I faked a smile and said "Thank you, I hope I adjust quickly. Iv'e had a bunch of 'new' this week." "I bet. Well, I am going to leave you here Kellsie. If you need anything, feel free to come find me or ask Mrs. Green. Have fun, Kellsie" said Ms. Kingsly. I waved. "Well then, Kellsie, let's find you a seat and a partner. How about right there, in back of Jessica?" asked Mrs. Green. Jessica, a brunette, tall and lanky, started waving her hand anxiously. "Oh yes, yes! Come sit here Kellsie." "Uh...ok?" I said. ____ During homeroom, the teacher let each student ask me a question about myself. I really did not enjoy this at all, but I didn't know how to ask if we could NOT do that. So I was stuck. The main question everyone asked me? "Why'd you move to East Bay?" My simple answer, "Just because". I don't know why everyone bothered to ask over and over, they should have known I would say the same thing over and over. "Just Because". I could tell them, but that would leave them thinking I was weird. Not like it mattered anyway. I just wanted my old life back. The one with Jacob.

This article has 1 comment. Post your own!

Healing_Angel This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is good! I like it the way it is.