Fighting the loss | Teen Ink

Fighting the loss

By Taylor_Renee GOLD, St. Paul, Minnesota
Taylor_Renee GOLD, St. Paul, Minnesota

Dream as if you will live forever,
Live as if you will die tomorrow.

It can't be true. These things they are telling me is not right. What kinda sick joke is this? I thought as the sat me down infront of them. "Your mother died, Sheane." my aunt sobbed out.
"You're lying" I shouted.
"Sheane, honey she is telling the truth." My dad cried trying to grab my hand.
"What kinda sick joke is this." I cry.
I get up and push my way through the group of family and run to my room. I slam the door making sure they know that i know they are lying. I sat on a chair at the window in my room. I had the door locked and I didn't move. I waited for my mother come home . I waited all night and into the morning but she never showed up. I slid of my chair and tip-toed over to my dresser and reached into my jewlery box. I pull out a small gold locket. I held it close to my chest. Dad was right about mom. She was gone. I thought. I cried out. My loud sobs broke the erie sound of the house. I screamed on the top of my lungs hoping this nightmare would end. I grabbed the glass cup from my dresser and threw it at the wall. Small fragments of glass bounced back and cut my skin. "Sheane!" my dad screamed.
I screamed the glass cut deep in my arm. I grabbed the old wooden jewlery box that my mom and dad gave me when i was two. I flung it at the wall and watched it shatter. My dad finally got the door open and came in. he pulled me into a hug and let me sob on his shoulder. He took me to the hospital and i had to get stiches. My dad held my locket when i got my stiches. I walk out of the hospital crying. "Whats wrong?" he asked.
"I am afraid I will forget her" I cried.
My dad stops me and puts my locket on me.
"Now she is with you, even though you cant see her" He said and hugged me.
I smile at him and realize he is right.

on Sep. 23 2010 at 4:41 am
ValkyrieRising BRONZE, Cary, North Carolina

"Pirates could happen to anyone."

This is a good story, a bit cliche though. Why has no one read mine???

on Sep. 22 2010 at 4:57 pm
Taylor_Renee GOLD, St. Paul, Minnesota

Dream as if you will live forever,
Live as if you will die tomorrow.

thanks!! and yeah i will lol i kinda realized i rushed into after i had posted it so yeah

on Sep. 22 2010 at 3:30 pm
deus-ex-machina14 BRONZE, Stewartsville, New Jersey

"There are two main tragedies in life. One is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it." -Oscar Wilde

Great, and you're very welcome!!

on Sep. 22 2010 at 6:27 am
NeverCaredForKool-Aid GOLD, Elkridge, Maryland

I don't believe in hell but I believe in my parent's couch-- Watsky

A little bit of a rushed ending, and you had a few grammar mistakes,  but overall, pretty good!

The storyline was quite common, but I think you put your own little spin on it preyy nicely.  Oh, and the beginning was very intriguing.  It pulled me right into this story :)  I also liked how you hardly ever spendt any time talking about who Sheala is, and yet you made her character so strong and so fast :)

Can you chekc out my story, "Encounter"?

on Sep. 21 2010 at 6:27 pm
Taylor_Renee GOLD, St. Paul, Minnesota

Dream as if you will live forever,
Live as if you will die tomorrow.

Thanks alot i had just written a new one but it has not been like published on teenink website yet but l will let everyone know when it is

on Sep. 21 2010 at 3:52 pm

It seems so much longer on paper or as a document than when you actually post it...I know what you mean. Great job, though!

on Sep. 21 2010 at 3:30 pm
Taylor_Renee GOLD, St. Paul, Minnesota

Dream as if you will live forever,
Live as if you will die tomorrow.

i know i had realized that after i had posted it i but i am gonna try another one making it longer this time

on Sep. 21 2010 at 3:09 pm

This is what I would consider to be bleak and beautiful. Make it longer and it would be better, yet. Great job!