The Start

I’m going to tell you, try not to hate me; I enjoyed watching the world melt. You can say I laughed as bombs covered our skies, and rained over our cities like an endless supply of connfetti. Congratulations, I thought, as I seemingly disproved evolution. Darwin said we came from monkeys, what monkeys? What do you think of me? Do you hate me? We all saw the capacity for human evil, we all lived through death only to realize that hell wasn’t a place where the dead went to live out their afterlife, hell is a place where the living hope to live out their death. You know what? This place is my home. So what if instead of a house we have a pile of lost limbs and smouldering rubble. So what if instead of a TV we have a pile of lost limbs and smouldering rubble. So what if instead of fresh food we have a pile of lost limbs and smouldering rubble. We our survivors, me and you. You and I. Father and son, and son let me tell you we take the cards we are dealt and we say f*** you cards. There are no games in hell, there is no gambling here, for gambling implies you have something to lose, all we have is a pile of lost limbs and smouldering rubble. Son I must go now, I hope this message finds you well. Enjoy your cup of tea, even if it is a pile of limbs. When you’re old enough come find me, who am I? I’m the man who set the world ablaze. I am Destruction, and you my son, you are Destruction’s son.