Strange Company | Teen Ink

Strange Company

June 6, 2009
By Vinson Pressley SILVER, Miami, Florida
Vinson Pressley SILVER, Miami, Florida
9 articles 0 photos 1 comment

This story is about the lives and personalities of three actual people who never existed. I can honestly say that I have the strangest and weirdest friends on the face of the Earth! I will not mention any names because I don’t want to get sued….. Again! However, I will take the liberty to describe these very eccentric, very manic, very lunatic people.

Let’s begin with the seemingly borderline, bipolar, multiple personality having school girl. On the surface she looks innocent and shy but looks deceive. She runs up to you and you believe that she is going to give you a hug, correct? No, she has a mouthful of water and the water is transferred from her mouth to your shirt! What a heart-warming moment, you have been spitted on and now you have to change your shirt. I remember when this same person pretended to be a cat for Halloween and scratched everyone, too bad it was November 17.

If you thought she was mentally unbalanced and suffered from an impulse control disorder, wait until you hear about the overenthusiastic, over energetic sports fan. The sports fan lives life as if there’s ten seconds left, game is tied and it’s the super bowl! You can not take this person to any public place, especially if silence is required. He is always yelling, YEAH! YEAH! WHOO! WHOO! TOUCHDOWN! THREE-PEAT! WHAT TIME IS IT!? GAME TIME! And his friends are telling “dude, we are in the library, relax”.

Finally, my personal favorite is the “random guy”, he says what ever pops into his head but it always makes you think. He never has a serious moment; in fact he has never had a serious moment. He is the type of person who is having a romantic evening with that special someone and they are about to kiss but he leans over and whispers something in a deep, seductive voice and says “the wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round, the wheels on the bus go round and round all through the town!” His date is bewildered and starts having second thoughts about this relationship. It is random but it makes you think.

Ladies and Gentlemen: these are the three strangest people you will ever meet. I surely hope these people do not exist and if they do, invite them to your house and have dinner with them. Try to have an intelligent conversation about Halloween, or a recent sport event, or what to say during a romantic dinner. Either way, if you invite all three of these people to your house, you will indeed have Strange Company.