Down the Hole

I never thought I’d even CONSIDER this.
I guess it’s a good thing that I’ve got such weird, trusting friends. Because who else would sign a contract swearing that they’d go to prom I went? Me, the girl who doesn’t know what foundation is for and has a dance record of zero, going with a date-date to prom, equals them being dragged along for the ride.

I am such a deviously sneaky person. Who wouldn’t jump at the chance to drag two friends, who’ve also never been to a dance, to prom with them? I obviously pounced on that opportunity.

And what better way to prove to them that I’m not who they thought I was—or at least more cunning and devious than them—than to ask my date out to prom in front of them? (Why not indeed. Because if I was the one asked out, I’d freak out. And faint. And then I wouldn’t get to laugh at their faces.)

***

And the asking out was a success. They freaked out wonderfully, and it’s all caught on camera for Facebook. And I’m surprised that the cookies I used for bribes to ensure that they wouldn’t call in sick weren’t thrown at my head.

But I did get some disgruntled gangster looks. Hee. Especially when I started babbling about dragging them prom dress shopping. But I live vicariously through my friends. There’s no fun in not making them suffer in submission to girliness if I have to do it alone. (Because no, you can not wear a suit as a girl.)

***

Prama sucks.

***

I think…that I’ve become a girly girl. At least in this aspect. Because I’ve just asked several people which nail polish they like better.

And I’ve nagged people into telling me who’s going with who, who’s rejected who, and who they should go after.

And I’ve been kidnapped and got my hair straightened and moussed and curled and hairsprayed, all in the name of experimentation.

How have I been sucked into this hole of girlyness!?

***

I’ve stuffed my friends into dresses, slathered makeup on them, found them (or they found for themselves) prom dates, hunted down a limo, and became a prom group dictator. My nails are manicured, lipstick has been applied, garter is absent, limo is present – I think I’m ready for the girliest, and best, night of my life.

xBaByGiRrL22x said...
lol realy cuute

TheUnknownGuest said...
Aug. 15, 2009 at 7:00 am
haha! nice:)