Beauty Unseen This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

The night was clear and beautiful as many July nights are. I lay on my back gazing up at the sky with my hands behind my head. I felt like a little child in the planetarium on a field trip, except this time there was genuine July air tickling my bare feet and real blades of grass playing with my hair. I smiled as thin strips of peace wrapped themselves around my heart and bound my soul. Staring at the sparkles above put twinkles in my eyes, and I shivered as they traveled down my spine.

Every night should be like this, I thought to myself, miserable with the selfish desire to be in green pastures all my life.

Lazily, I rolled over onto my stomach and made a feeble attempt to prop myself up with my elbows. Resting on them, I had a different look at the world. There was nothing but green, lush grass for half a mile, at which point it descended out of sight. Surrounding the field on the other two sides was a thick wooded area.

As I rose to my feet, a feeling of remorse attacked me. If the world could see what I have seen tonight, maybe more would come to appreciate.... I stopped when a horrible thought entered my mind. Or would they?

I swung my jacket over my shoulder and walked into the bright lights of civilization below. n

Alexia_Grey said...
Apr. 22, 2011 at 2:16 am
Wow.. I love this. Especially the way you described the night and what she was seeing... Just Amazing. You have real talent. Of course! Ha, with the last point of would the world see that night and appreciate it as you wrote it.. i Deffenetly would xD Also One question.. Does it cut off after '...of civilization below. n' I wasnt sure because of the n. So yea, just thought i'd ask youh! Anyways, Fantastic job on your Piece :D :D