Red Fury | Teen Ink

Red Fury

By Aubrey- GOLD, Exeter, New Hampshire
Aubrey- GOLD, Exeter, New Hampshire

"Oh, screw beautiful! I'm brilliant! If you want to appease me, compliment my brain!" -Dr. Christina Yang, Greys Anatomy

Tuesday, February 11, 2015

Today was a mess. I didn’t get the promotion. Turns out Keith just wanted to tell me I’m getting a new parking spot. It's great news and all but we could have used the money. My old spot was next to where medical waste was loaded into the blue truck every Wednesday. Katie is falling farther and farther behind in school. If she wasn’t so attached to that Mrs. May I would get her another aid. She is great with Katie but not with keeping her on track with her schoolwork. I think this new therapist, Erin, is working out though. Her references seemed promising and the other parents at the autism support group highly recommended her. She was even able to get Anthony’s kid to behave appropriately at a restaurant. It's only been a few sessions and yet Erin came up with a

perfect way for Katie to express her emotions. Since she loves peppers so much Katie just eats the color pepper that corresponds with her current emotion(s). Green peppers for when she is happy, yellow for when she is irritated, etc. etc. Luckily she is the happiest middle schooler I know. Seriously, that kid could supply serotonin for at least half of her grade. She is probably the only kid to leave class with a corrected math test in her hand and still be smiling. I’m glad she is finding new ways to

communicate. It should definitely help reduce meltdowns. Though with the peppers and her journal she is leaps and bounds ahead of where we thought she would be. Anyway, Buddy had another accident in the hall leading to my room. We really need to get him into a training course!

Tuesday, February 12, 2015

7:30-English

I started my essay and read chapter 17 of To Kill a Mockingbird

8:30-Science

Mrs. May helped me take notes on sedimentary rocks.

I ate green peppers for a snack

9:30-Math

Mrs. May and I only got through one more worksheet. We are still 3 behind and Mr. Kent said I have to catch up by this Friday

10:30-Study Hall

I got to eat my green peppers while I worked on my math

11:30-Lunch

I ate last night’s stuffed green peppers.

The kids screamed at me again as I left for art.

12:30-Art

1:30-Gym

2:30-History

I googled “spaz” on Urban Dictionary

I ate wrinkled red peppers for dinner.