Fateful | Teen Ink

Fateful

September 14, 2018
By MercadezLuvsU2 SILVER, Battle Creek, Michigan
MercadezLuvsU2 SILVER, Battle Creek, Michigan
6 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Heather didn't know that the broken figure was falling into multiple pieces as she told her boyfriend that she loved him. She also didn't know that the figure was covered with issues, like a blanket that covers him. But what she did know was that someone was watching her. That feeling you have, the goosebumps that start from the back of your neck. Then it travels down your body. Heather walked home that night, alone, so she thought. The figure was slithering through the shadows. And waited for the right time to show and express himself. "Heather." She whipped her head around and spotted the figure, staring her down.

"Kyle." She stuttered, her hands began to sweat. Kyle smiled at her, he was ready for his revenge. "Why are you here?"

Kyle stepped forward and gripped Heather's arm. He grinned, with his grip tightening on her.

"You left me Madison. I told you that I loved you. Then you left me, I-- I even killed that boyfriend of yours." Kyle laughed out. " I killed him for you."

"You what?" She yelled out, removing his hand and stumbling back. She tripped on an old rusted garbage can lid, and fell backwards. Tears dripping from the corners of her eye. Kyle stepped forward and glared into the devastated eyes of Heather.

"I killed him, with hesitation. I took this knife-" he rips out a red stained knife. "Stuck it to his neck and slid it across. I watched as he fell holding his neck choking on his blood. But the only thing he could say was your name." Kyle scowled with venom dripping from his voice.

"You're a monster." Heather shouted. Kyle shrugged his shoulders, grabbed a handful of hair from the back of her head.

"I may be a monster, but who's to know when they won't see you again." He grinned.

Kyle chucked Heather into the trunk of the Buick.

"You put this on yourself Heather I warned you then, and here I am now."


The author's comments:

Short but interesting.