Top Voted Action-Adventure Articles

Here are the top voted action-adventure articles:

voted
#1
Opulence This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
I’ve been watching him for days now. When he leaves his house to go to school, I’m the one carefully tailing him, switching cars every day to make myself look less suspicious. If he ever sneaks out of his second-story room, I’ll be the one... (more »)
856 comments
voted
#2
Last Man Standing This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
It was a dreary day in autumn. The weather was cold, damp, and generally disagreeable. Rain spattered from the foreboding gray sky in a slow, spitting drizzle, and what little sunlight managed to penetrate the cloud cover was dim, depressed, and... (more »)
6 comments
voted
#3
The Catalyst This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
I wipe the sweat gathered on my upper lip, not caring about smearing dirt on my face. It's coated anyway. A Shugo jabs me with his gun and tells me to stop lagging. I dust off my hands on my dirty skirt. Shugo means “guardian” or... (more »)
13 comments
voted
#4
The Dreams of Fred This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Thursday Afternoon The first time it happened to Fred Perls, the setting was a hot dog stand. It had been a cold morning, and by half past noon, when Fred left work for his lunch break, it had not gotten much warmer. As he walked along the... (more »)
1 comment
voted
#5
The Race This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
It's always been a race, hasn't it? First it was who could develop the best society. Then it was who could invent the best car. The first and best airplane. Then we began to race them. That was the main argument against teleportation when... (more »)
4 comments
voted
#6
Liberation This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Clutch the wheel in your hand and spin, spin. Propel us off the shore and far, far away – anywhere but here. I want to see the blue moon rise over the sea, to hear the waves churning in perfect melody. I want to see the great white sail... (more »)
5 comments
voted
#7
Alpha This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
“Get out of me!” I growl, scratching at the burning sensation in my chest. My fingers clutch the buttoned edges of my collared shirt. I fling it open. I feel relief, but only for a second. The burning continues. “No! I'm not ready!” the... (more »)
1 comment
voted
#8
Extraordinary Measures This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
I didn't snap. It was much more gradual than that. It was like slipping off a cliff, fingers scraping the edge, until in one moment that seemed like an echo of something that never existed I was falling. When I went to bed last night, I was still... (more »)
4 comments
voted
#9
Sky Blue This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
The basketball grazed my fingertips, returned to the dirty New York City concrete, and was again in my grasp. I saw an opportunity for a layup and took it, shoving Ian to the ground on my way. That was a foul by any standards, but this game had... (more »)