Top Voted Action-Adventure Articles

Here are the top voted action-adventure articles:

voted
#1
The Healer This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. This work has won the Teen Ink contest in its category.
Ekkehart sees her for the first time on the bridge, in the carriage he has ridden for four frostbitten nights. The moon is a sliver of old corrupted lime, casting its light onto a city pearly with cold. Snow falls in dagger crystals, knifing... (more »)
125 comments
voted
#2
Opulence This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
I’ve been watching him for days now. When he leaves his house to go to school, I’m the one carefully tailing him, switching cars every day to make myself look less suspicious. If he ever sneaks out of his second-story room, I’ll be the one... (more »)
872 comments
voted
#3
A Royal Bedtime Story This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
     No one really liked Princess Missi. She was bossy and spoiled and an all-around brat. The castle servants all agreed that she would benefit from a good grounding.King Axter and Queen Lila gave Princess Missi... (more »)
52 comments
voted
#4
Meet Me by the Seashore This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
     This isn’t the life I planned - it’s not the end I anticipated, either. I look down at the seashell, the last tangible hope I have. Everything else has been lost. The skin on the back of my neck prickles... (more »)
38 comments
voted
#5
Absent Moon This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
      The sun had begun to descend across the sky as I crossed the wooden bridge that led to my home. We were halfway up the hill to the cottage when Tsunami stopped, backed away several paces, and snorted nervously. He... (more »)
33 comments
voted
#6
Jade Green & Jade White This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
     Jade Green and Jade White are snake-sisters. They were born a year apart from the flesh of their half-human, half-demon serpent mother, but they feel as close as if they had broken from her womb on one breath of air.... (more »)
37 comments
voted
#7
The Thirst This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
     I remembered the smoke, thick and black, washing out to shore bright yellow taxis parked next to hot dog stands. I remembered the sky and the two fingers touching it sticking up from the ground’s hand.I sat up... (more »)
27 comments
voted
#8
Mute This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
     I learn language in two seconds - it all comes together, every word in my life, every grunt or shrug or tone - everything suddenly has a name. And all from before, a language gone and gone away, every knowing and... (more »)
43 comments
voted
#9
Paperwork This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. This work has won the Teen Ink contest in its category.
      Perrin seethed with contempt for the man who invented paperwork. Beside her on a battered table was a pile of handwritten reports. Or they might be requests, she thought, I’ve forgotten which. Every piece of... (more »)
24 comments
voted
#10
Map of the World This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
     He walked with a jump in his gait; heartbeats tap-danced in his chest and were echoed in each step. Every step was a step toward a future he wasn’t ready for. On his face was a plane of fresh, flat skin; on his... (more »)
31 comments
voted
#11
Rapunzel Revisited This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
     Once upon a time, there was a large town called Braid. Braid was powerful and traded with many other towns, making the people and their king very wealthy. He decided to use his wealth to build a castle that all would... (more »)
34 comments
voted
#12
Sunfire This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
     The postman came early the morning Jack Cromley found out the sun was on fire. He was dropping off a Sports Illustrated and a phone bill when Jack came running out the door, leaving the postman with a bagful of... (more »)
24 comments
voted
#13
The Only One This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
     For five years Diona had not been able to sleep. It wasn’t because she was restless or didn’t want to sleep. It was a different kind of a problem, one that affected not only her, but her entire village,... (more »)
19 comments
voted
#14
Zip-Zip & Yo-Yo Adventures This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
     After looking back on the events following Zippy’s arrival on earth, Joshi laughed. What may have been trials of discipline and anger were now more bearable, but if Joshi had the chance to do it again, she would... (more »)
7 comments
voted
#15
Requirements for Life This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
      “Request denied due to unqualified applicants,” read the e-mail, the e-mail whose arrival we had been anticipating for months. My arm went around my wife’s waist, not a word from my lips, nor from... (more »)
13 comments
voted
#16
Paperwork, Part II This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
     In the first installment of Paperwork last month and on TeenInk.com, we met Third Commander Perrin Lane, a photocopier wrestler and fast-track intelligence agent who has the trust and respect of her commanding... (more »)
16 comments