Stranded | Teen Ink

Stranded

June 8, 2018
By Anonymous

As we were on the plane on our way to Sevilla, Suzy Taps me and says, “Did you hear that?”


“Hear what?” I say as I sit and look around trying to comprehend what she’s talking about. Minutes go by and all the sudden she taps me and says “There it is again, listen, listen.”


We sit quiet as I try to listen and all the sudden I hear a loud boom outside my window. I notice rain and darkness. I turn and look around to see if anyone’s noticing the weird noises. All of the sudden the lights start flickering and the plane tilts left and right a few times before a voice on the intercom comes on and says “Everyone please calm down and fasten your seatbelts until further notice.” Of course everyone would start worrying even more. Some even started crying. Some praying. Everyone was full of terror. The plane ride was rough for what feels like forever. Then we hear another noise. This time it sounded like something was slowing down or turning off. We all look out our windows and we see one of the engines blew up. Before we could even react the plane starts tilting again. “Oh my god, oh my god” Suzy says “We’re gonna die.” “Shut up” I say, “You’re not helping.”


As everyone’s flipping out we start to feel pressure. The plane starts falling. Everyone starts yelling and praying, hanging onto their kids. Strangers hugging each other. I start feeling dizzy and before I know it I’m out cold.
Next thing I know I wake up on water. Not deep water but like on a shore. My body aches and I don’t know what’s going on. We must’ve landed on an island because there’s sand and ocean everywhere. I stand up and try to gather my thoughts. When I start to realize, I don’t hear any noise. I don’t hear anything. I look around and there’s no plane and no people. I start panicking and calling out Suzy’s name. “Suzy…. SUZY” I don’t hear anything. “Hello?!!! Anyone.” Still nothing.


I start walking around towards the trees and bushes and I see someone lying on their back. It’s Suzy. I shake her and wake her up and she starts screaming in pain. “My leg , my leg” I look down and see that she had a bone sticking out of her thigh. I tell her to sit still as I try to find something to help her. I’m walking around for what feels like hours and I come to a conclusion that we have nothing and no one. No food, no water, no people. “We’re stranded.” I tell myself. There’s no way we’re getting out of here.