Choose your Own Adventure: Set Sail for Eden Archipelago | Teen Ink

Choose your Own Adventure: Set Sail for Eden Archipelago

By TheStoryteller13 SILVER, Sutherland, Oregon
TheStoryteller13 SILVER, Sutherland, Oregon

"When people told themselves their past with stories, explained their present with stories, foretold the future with stories. The best place by the fire was kept for, the storyteller."

You’re a young adult in Villachiara, Italy. Home of King Cassius and his wife, the Lady Aurora. Villachiara is known as being a resting place for travelers and pirates alike, for the most part, the city is peaceful. You eagerly wait for the good ship Seraph, belonging to one Captain Alexander, to anchor at the docks.
You had met Alexander when you were a child, you had wandered off while you were in the marketplace with your parents, you happened to bump into him.
He took a liking to you, and he became an uncle-like figure in your eyes, you grew up on the wild tales he told you of his life on the sea. 
“I see you haven’t changed a bit,” a voice rings breaking the silence, you turn to see none other than Captain Alexander, “Uncle Alexander!” you exclaim before hugging him, it seems like seven eternities since you saw him last.
He pulls away and looks you over, a perplexed look on his face.  “What happened to the minnow?” he asks as looks you over again, ‘minnow,’ being the nickname he gave you when you were a kid, and stuck with remarkable persistence. 
“It’s good to see you again uncle Alexander,” you reply with a bit of a grin when he uses your nickname, you watch as he pulls out a pocket watch and checks the time, as if he has to be somewhere in a moment or so.
“Well, since you’re eighteen and mature, I think it’s high time I take you to The Lotus for a pint of cider,” Alexander declares as he offers his hand out to you in a gentlemanly fashion, you recall how the infamous Captain Alexander had many admirers.
I reach to take his hand but stop, recalling that your mother wants you to but a box of catnip tea, before you return home and tend to the garden. “I’d love to, but my mother has sent me out on an errand,” you confess meeting Alexander’s blue eye (He wears a black silk eye patch over his right eye).
“Well, it’s up to you if you want to come or not,” he answers with a bit a disappointed tone, and your heart sinks a little. However, the way he replied, you can’t help but feel as though it’s important that you go with him. You bite your lip as you feel the tasks your mother gave you tug at your shoulder.
What do you do? Do you:

A: Go with Alexander to the Lotus.
-OR- B: Say, “I have to tend to the tasks my mother gave me, but I’ll meet you at the Lotus after dark.”

I have loved the CYOA series, and I own a few of the books myself, I decided to try my hand at it. If you want to vote on choice A or B, feel free to email me at TheUnknownWriter18@gmail.com Whichever choice gets the most votes wins.