The War | Teen Ink

The War

By foxybonnie123432 BRONZE, Ionia, Michigan
foxybonnie123432 BRONZE, Ionia, Michigan

May 1st, 2003, Enemy Base, Washington

“NO don’t go through that door it’s a trap!”
Beep Beep Beep Boom!
“Alpha team 1 do you copy?”,
“Cough Cough This is J- everyone is gone because of a bomb.” “Ok. Can you make it to the extraction point? If you can get their do it. You can’t do this by yourself.”
“I’m sorry but I am going to finish this, I am almost there.”  I am running down this hall trying my best no to die. Right now I am almost to the point to finish this. I have to plant a bomb in the enemy base. I have reach the middle of the base.
“Planting C4 I am almost there get a escape plan ready….”
       12 Years Ago
My name is Jacqueline Burt. I am male and I am 28 years old. Right at this moment I am really scared. You may be wondering why? Well at the moment I am in helicopter. I joined the Army, and now I have been called because a war has been declared.
Bata Bata Bata- the sound of the helicopter slowly getting louder for take off.
I feel like I am a feather in a heli like i’m about to blow a way. I didn’t know what was about to happen but I had to face it. As I look behind me I saw aircrafts and they dropped what looked like AN-22. Then there was a cloud.
After that it was just Ash and Smoke. Everyone in that city gone, my school, my old job, my family all gone. This was the moment that changed my perspective of everything.
We must win at all cost.
  May 1st, 2003, 17 Hours Earlier
“Wake up! We got a lot to do soliders.”
“Okay Sarge!” Everyone said in unison. “Okay I want you all to drop and give me 20 right now. Unlike everyone I was already down to the ground. Up and down up and down then one, two, three done. I got up and Sarge justed started to glare at me. I wasn’t sure why either. So I had no choice, I sat up straight and acted like nothing was wrong. For a second I thought he was burning right through me! “Okay everyone lets take a look Jacqueline for a second.” Everyone's eyes were on me I wasn’t sure why he would do this but something is not right. Sarge walked right up to me and said the one thing I never thought I would hear from him. “ Now Jacqueline is one of our best he has the fasted recorded time in clearing ALL of our courses and he better than all of you by a long shot. So I hear by promote Jacqueline to your new sarge.” He looked at me and smile and gave me his medal to show that he was sarge. Then everything went dark “AAAAHHHHHH”
I woke up It was all a dream and right as I woke up Sarge came in and told us to wake up in his deep voices.
“Get up now!!!”
The only thing that made it worse was that he grabbed a airhorn and he had a megaphone so you know what that equals. Everyone jumped out of their bed. I couldn’t help but smile.
“What you looking at magnet.” He caught me off garde. “N..n...nothing sure!” I replied. “That's right” Sarge walked away and then it “BOOM” Everything went dark.
“Sarge….Sarge..” No reply.
Luckily I had a flashlight under my pillow. I grabbed it and turned it on Click and then a ray of light was there. I was looking around the room and weirdly there was no one here it was just me. I found my way to the hallway. I found the door I tried to open it but it wouldn’t budge. Unable to open the door I turned around. I walked back down the hall and I fell down I tripped over a piece of wood. Good thing too because right after I feel down there was a big “BOOOOM.”  SO I grabbed the wood and knowing me I did the stupid thing. I ran towards the boom. Good thing I had that wood because I was almost shot. I took the wood and hit the enemy as hard as possible. I took the guys gun and I ran out the door. Their were people running away from everywhere. That was the moment I knew they made their move. I heard helicopters so anytime I saw one I would shot. Good thing I had a sniper all I had to do was to snipe the gas place on the helicopter. Then I saw their leader not sure why but my goal was to shoot him because without him they will fall. “1...2….3..” ,“Bam”
“Ahhh- WHAT WAS THAT!”
“Private calm down I had to hit you with a trank,” Sarge said.
“What why I was about to shoot their leader,” I replied.
“If I’d never had shot you with the trank you would have been killed!”
I got up and I fell down. “Why can’t I walk?” I asked.
“Remember when you signed up for this”
“Yes, Why?”
“You agreed that we can turn you into a superhuman, we turned you into a superhuman that can be anything kind of like that main character in that video game “Halo”.
“Umm ..o...Okay.”
I finally could get up so I walked straight to the gun cabinet without thinking and grabbed my magnum and machine gun. I had a mission and I knew what to do but no one told me.
“You can get missions in your mind. Also meet your team Alpha team 1.”
  May 1st, 2003, 17 Hours Earlier
My new mission is to take out the base their main base after I do that then we will finally win this war. I got a new team called “Alpha team 1” these guys are the best of the best. The bad thing is that they don’t like me because they wanted to become the super human. Sounds weird these grown men acting like kids. I am walking to a helicopter right now to finish my mission. “How you feeling Jacqueline?” asked Sarge.
“Fine” I replied and got in the helicopter. My goal is to finish this and my job will be done.
Bata Bata Bata.
This is going to be a long ride.
  May 1st, 2003,Enemy Base
“Beep Beep Beep”
“Enemy locked on to our helicopter you guys need to jump!”
“BOOM-”
No they blew up the helicopter. “Anyone copy?”
NO reply, “Okay so things aren’t going as plan but will get this mission done”
  Dang they know where we are. We got to move. We found a way to get in side but it’s through a tunnel. We’ll have to do it. I grabbed my flashlight. I turned it on and then I started to head in. As I was walking their were footsteps and loud noises. I asked if anyone heard anything and they look dumb founded. Then I remembered I am superhuman. As I was walking we came to a dead end. I looked up and saw a hatch. I broke it and said “ Get in.” When everyone was through the hatch I pulled myself up. I got to looking  around.
“You their alpha 1”
“Yes I am their.”
“You need to plant the bomb”
“Yes, sir.”
“Okay everyone that door.”
“TICK TICK TICK”
“Wait don’t go through that door!”
“BOOM!”
“Cough Cough This is j everyone is gone because of a bomb.” “Ok Can you make it to the extraction point? If you can get their do it. You can’t do this by yourself.” “I’m sorry but I am going to finish this, I am almost there.”  I am running down this hall trying my best no to die. Right now I am almost to the point to finish this. I have to plant a bomb in the enemy base. I have reach the middle of the base. “Planting C4 I am almost there get a escape plan ready….”
“I got 20 minutes can you get there in time.” I asked.
“Yup, we can do.”
I am now running down a hall and trying not to die now. Troops are everywhere I am going to have to jump out the window. Smash Worse choices ever. I have spent too much time time running. The moment I jumped the place blew up and I went flying into the water. Then I passed out after that.
When I woke up sarge was their smiling. “What you smiling about what happen?”
“Well on the account of you blowing up their only base and helping us win the war then I would say nothing.”
       May 2st, 2003
The war is over and we have won. My family has been found when I left my family was out of town so they are alive. I am still superhuman I am faster, smarter, a lot of other stuff so everything is good now. I am back to being myself from now on until they need my help with something different.

I made it up it might be hard to read or follw just in case.