The Shadow Amongst the Light | Teen Ink

The Shadow Amongst the Light

March 6, 2018
By ASAMTL BRONZE, Sussex, Wisconsin
ASAMTL BRONZE, Sussex, Wisconsin
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

The Shadow Amongst the Light


                                 

The Shadow warriors are a race of magical beings much like humans, but these are more dangerous creatures but with their counterparts the warriors of the light. The shadow about a month earlier the shadow provoked the light by raiding a heavily guarded and useful base to them. With little to no casualties, the light got so furious they were ready to attack the capital of the shadow using tactics so advanced that the light defensive line was almost abolished the defensive line had lost its highly and well respected officer. The shadow were so furious a rash decision was made, a mistake was made the war general sent out a large amount of warriors but within minutes the whole group of warriors were wiped by the light the light were merciless the group of men were brutally slaughtered. The light had the whole of the capital under their control. The civilians were outraged military general one after another were executed.
   The civilians were being ruthless to the guards but civilians were still being sent to hospitals due to injuries given by the merciless light warriors. The city was being fended off by guards but piece by piece the city was being taken over, soon the city was divided up into sectors the guards soon became heavily armed police and the civilians soon lost hope. AFter 12 years the city had almost been wiped clean of the shadow other cities and land were taken over only 3 large cities 6 minor cities and 143 villages were still controlled by the shadow now 3 of 15 large and 6 of 286 and 143 of tens of thousands were what made the shadow loose hope, some villages were burned completely to the ground and some people were lined  up to be killed for speaking against the light. The light were completely ruthless. But after 12 years there were outrises that had hurt the entirety of the light for example when one of the major cities was completely taken back by a man named Dametrious.
    But he is of unimportance right now the person to be focused on now is a boy named Damocles, he grew up in the povertous main city of the once powerful shadow warriors if you were not a light citizen then poverty was cursed upon you. The boy was special because for the first time in 11 years he was blessed with an over encumbering amount of shadow power by the time the boy turned 11 Damocles and his family found out that he had them so for the next 9 years the boy trained and became a man, a man with the strength and powers to fight the light. But the boy couldn’t do it alone so he walked through the city and found 3 people like him and then they walked, they walked from city to city  to minor city to minor city and village to village, along the way he taught the men and women that followed him he had about 38 men and about 24 women by the time he was 25.When Damocles was 27 he had over 350 men and women after visiting places over and over again, he got many to join him and those men and women were ready to fight for their people. After 27 years of the light controlling the shadow cities the rebels were ready to fight.
     Damocles had a plan it was to find an armory disguise themselves and sneak into a heavily guarded compound and take the advanced weapons armor and tactics and help what is left of the Shadow warriors. He knew what compound it was because he has a insider that gives him information on the compound, The compound is full of armor that is light and helps with movement and even the heavy armor and so durable that it’s almost impossible to pierce it , and swords that cut so smoothly and quickly that not even iron can block it not even magical armor can withstand it, bows with blades on the end of them turning into double sided lances, daggers so sharp that a chestplate would be cut through, spears so light and durable and sharp that the enemies will fear you and axes so light and sharp that the enemy won’t know what happened and shields so strong that arrows will snap on the impact of it. The time came to raid and as smoothly it happened it ended and the plan went as expected and the shadow were enjoying a well deserved feast, and the assault was on. The men were excited and were ready to fight using the advanced tactics, the light were strong and had a plan if the shadow were to revolt, and the shadow did in the sneakiest way possible and the revolt happened when Damocles killed the sector 3 guards on the external wall and then the shadow and Damocles got in through the walls and split up and the power and the normals, the normals stayed and protected sector 3 while the power went through the 2nd sector and got trapped damocles was mad he wanted to publically kill the General who took over the city, Damocles was infuriated, rage came over his body and in a ball of smoke the light soldiers that had them surrounded were dead and had their bodies scattered  along the buildings and the roads the powers that watched him knew he would not stop for nothing and demolish  the light and their whole army.
  Damocles was strong but wasn’t strong enough to take down a whole army or did he have it in him after all. Damocles reached the main part of the capital and him and the other power cleaned through the hole main sector crippling the enemy destroying their army of men.
  Damocles had finally made it to the palace where the light king was resting and not yet heard news of the attack, he was oblivious to what Damocles was up to he had heard the smashing of the doors to the palace that damocles had kicked off their hinges. Damocles had rushed in filled with a flaming rage, and the guards had tried to hold him off but he cut through them in a flash, the king was fearing for his life, Damocles approached him the king made a rash decision and stabbed Damocles, it seemed to have no effect on him and Damocles pulled it out and quickly killed the king the Light were fearing for their kingdom and the way of their life. Damocles came out the palace while the civilians sat at the feet of the stairs, they saw him and after a moment of silence the people cheered and the shadow were relieved, after a long time of the enemy ruling them, they had been saved by a person that was once a normal citizen and the others felt empowered  and then after a moment of silence the crowd cheered and then the crowd grew larger as the news spread and the darkest time in the history of the shadow was over.

 

                        The End


The author's comments:

A short story with a complete plot.