Mission Gone Wrong | Teen Ink

Mission Gone Wrong

By Brandi.Nicole BRONZE, Malakoff, Texas
Brandi.Nicole BRONZE, Malakoff, Texas

I am a space  traveler on a mission gone wrong. My ship is headed into a blackhole. I’m pretty sure I’m going to die. As I go through I’m surprised at the weird outcome. It looks amazing, it's all different colors, is so unreal, pink, purple, blue, black, yellow, green, white everywhere. Totally not expected it was amazing.
The spaceship is starting to speed up I can still steer where I’m going so I look for something to land on or crash on. It looks like there's a huge… mushroom?... Who knows what it is, but hopefully it's not hard, here I go “CRASH” “BOOM” “POW”! Wow that was a crazy landing, but at least I’m still alive. I look around the crash site for some supplies. I grab my backpack that I see and my space food, some water, and I jump down the mushroom thing and begin my journey… 

Day One: So far I have walked about ten miles or so. I slept in a tree. No sign of wildlife lots of weird looking trees they look like huge broccoli and plants, that looked like regular plants just all different colors, but what do you expect from landing in a black hole? I did find a nice little shelter to hang out in, until I find a way to find help.

I go out more from my little cave, not too far though because I don't want to get lost. Whoa! I just heard this weird noise, like a small animal stuck somewhere. I go closer toward the small sound which is dumb I know, but if there are animals I want to see them. I get closer I can smell this awful sickening smell so gross it make me gag and my eyes water but I still head towards it.

There it is a tiny monkey, so cute it has five different colors purple, pink, blue, green, and its tail is like a greenish blue. I pick it up and pet it it's so tame like a pet, and its stuck in this huge pile of blue ish green crap. I pull it out and it hops on my shoulder and just stays there.

Day Two: I'm in the cave, and yes the monkey is with me I'm starting to run low on food. I wish I knew my way around so I could look for some, but I don't so I guess I'll just sit here til I starve. I really need to go look for my crashed ship and fine my radio speaker thingy but I will do it tomorrow. Today i'm going to look for food with my monkey which by the way I named Max but I'm not sure if it's male or female. I am going to use these lime green sticks that I found in my cave there like stringy kinda like twizzlers but like thicker. I make a trail through the woods and I find a purple lake or pond I don't know if it's really safe to drink but might as well find out. I grab a big leaf and fold it to make like a bowl/cup thing and then I drink it… Whoa! No freaking way it taste like grape soda, what the literal heck I fill my 3 water bottles up and head back. Wait… Where's Max, I yell for him/her no sign hmm well I will just have to come back tomorrow. I leave my trail hopefully nothing messes it up.

Day Three: Still no sign of Max but it’s ok I didn't get attached. I go back the way I came to look for my ship I sure hope I find it. I really want to go back home and sleep on my bed i'm really tired I don't get that much sleep at nights. Oh there it is, I go closer and I see a monkey like Max with two babies awe so cute. It looks exactly like Max welp I start looking for my radio and a couple other things like my phone and some more water no radio maybe landed in the grass I go into the grass and I hear this beeping like beep beep beep I think it's my radio. I get closer and BOOM it was a bomb. I lay there for my last minutes of life…

Where am I? What the heck… I'm freaking locked in a bed my I can't move my head or anything, I try and look around and then this man walks in wearing all white. He walks up to me and says hello, I start blabbing all theses questions at him to be honest I don't even know what I'm really saying. He tells me to hush and then gives me a glass of water I can't grab it because I’m all strapped up so he does it for me he says I can't be un strapped until they run some test on me but there really nice so I just cooperate like a good little guinea pig. I don't know how long I've been in here but being strapped to this table feels like it's making me weak in some ways.

The doctor said it was my last day i'm really excited i can't wait to walk and breathe fresh air. The doctor walks in and his eyes are red and he looks likes he's been up all night he makes me have this uneasy feeling in my stomach. “ Im sorry, Im sorry, Im sorry.” he keeps repeating. I wish he would stop. He paces back and forth mumbling he pulls gun from his pocket then he aims it at me. He tells me he is so sorry and shoots.