If i were mayor | Teen Ink

If i were mayor

By AmyRae BRONZE, Ridgecrest, California
AmyRae BRONZE, Ridgecrest, California

The most effective way to do it is to do it. - Amelia Earhart

If I were mayor of my town our town would be peaceful. It would be easy for people to find jobs, especially for teenagers. For most teenagers in my town they can not find jobs which is very unfair and strange because then they are not going to be prepared for the real world. They should be able to work in a office or somewhere because then it would be easier for them to prepare for the future of theirs. Also I would make it where nobody was homeless I would make sure every family or person had a home or lived somewhere. I hate seeing homeless people so I would not let anyone be homeless they would be able to live in a shelter or something. I would make sure families were having the proper amount of food I hate seeing people suffer and having no food it upsets me so much, I would make stores lower their food prices or I myself would make a store for lower priced food because not every family has good money or help from the welfare. I would make it where every kid at schools can eat free and the food would actually be decent and not disgusting. Like seriously kids are in class for like…. 3 or 4 hours?? They want to enjoy a good meal because of course they are going to be hungry they do not want a gross meal! I would make sure schools had little box things for each kid so they can put their personal stuff in it. Like they can have cough drops if they have a cough or they can have water or food in there they would be able to have whatever they want and not like lockers because that is for their books and stuff. There would be rooms just for their stuff and only one teacher would have access to get to the student boxes and they would have cameras also the teacher would be with a student getting stuff from their box just so nobody steals stuff. I would make the community look better I would hire someone to make the play grounds better for kids so they enjoy their park time. Also I would make it fun for their parents. 1) There would be shade. 2) There would be free cold water from a vending machine you would just have to scan your little community card. There would be snacks that only cost 25 or 50 cents. There would be little misters in the shade cover so they can stay cool and they can control the misters and how much water comes out of it. I would put pretty plants around town and grow some grass and offer the people of the community to help and clean up our gross looking town. To get people more involved I would have dinners so they could make ideas and share their ideas so they can get it out there and nobody’s idea is a wrong idea unless it includes violence or stuff that should not be allowed. If I were mayor of my town, the town would be so peaceful and would be as one and would have love and it would be so beautiful. Even if people would doubt me as a mayor because I am a woman I would not care if they were against me just because I am a woman and because they think women should have nothing to do with the community! People make women often look like objects. We are not objects! We are human too. There is differences between people like male and female but females should not be treated any different. Us women can also make a difference in our community and this world. For example look at Amelia Earhart! Such an inspiring woman. Women should be able to do what they want! I would tots make the community better! I would not be the kind of girl mayor who would everything pink and all BLEH. I WOULD MAKE IT FUN AND SAFE FOR EVERYONE!! Like everyone is doubting me.. Like haha that is your mistake! I will be the one to make the town as one again. I will make a difference in our small town. Possibly even the world! Maybe after being the mayor I will eventually become the president.. I would make it amazing, I will make it amazing. I would not be afraid of telling people my story and how I would make small Ridgecrest a small safe town again. Come on everyone I will make it great again. With the help of my assistant (CHANTS) TAYLOR! CLAPPING (WOOOOOOOOO) GO TAYLOR! (OTHER PEOPLE YELLING) YOU GUYS SUCK. Also just chanting other rude negative stuff. Do not be like those people who are saying negative unwanted comments about me be the mayor or becoming mayor. I will make everyone’s lives better but you may have to trust me and believe in me if you want something to happen I do not think I should do something for a person who has no faith in me. I will for sure make the community great.

I wrote it because I thought it would be fun!