It Never Ends | Teen Ink

It Never Ends

September 5, 2017
By Rachel_Brown BRONZE, Delta Junction , Alaska
Rachel_Brown BRONZE, Delta Junction , Alaska
1 article 8 photos 0 comments

I stand in a room with glowing walls; the woman in white is sitting in a chair in the corner. A door opens and Elizabeth walks in.
“You will not leave this room until you have successfully eliminated this woman.” She says.
Her face is blank as she exits the room. I fall to my knees, her words echoing in my ears.  I lay on the floor for what seems like hours contemplating my situation. I think about how long I could live in here, after three days I would be dehydrated. Maybe they want to see how long I can live without food and water, maybe they don’t want me to kill the woman. Maybe they know that I won't kill her and just want to see how long it would take for me to go insane. I stand, my conscious still disturbed. I watch the woman, she is calm her heartbeat is steady and her breathing is normal. I wonder if she knows what’s going on. 

I don’t know what is going on, I have decided to eliminate her. I try not to think about it too much. They won't expect me to kill her, I want to show them that I cannot be controlled that I am unpredictable. I want to scare them I want them to fear me. I don’t want them to think that they can reign over me.
Her eyes are a dull brown color; I try not to focus on her face as I walk closer. With a deep breath, I run the rest of the distance to her and grab head and twist. It is all over in an instance. Tears threaten to pour out of my eyes; my shoulders shake with pain. Her head is hanging at an unnatural angle; my heart racing at the sight.
The door is thrown open and though the burly tears in my eyes I see guards pour into the small room. I feel hands grabbing at me; I don’t trash or fight. I feel handcuffs being slapped on my wrists.
I am falling off the edge; my world is crashing down around me.
I feel a prick on my arm, that’s when I fight. I don’t want to be knocked out I want to feel the pain that I deserve. I want to feel human; I want to feel the guilt and darkness that comes with death. I fight and scream, I bite and snarl; I turn into an animal.  In spite of my fighting the darkness prevails. Once again I lose.


The author's comments:

This is part of one of my stories