My family | Teen Ink

My family

By Realjay41 DIAMOND, Culpeper , Virginia
Realjay41 DIAMOND, Culpeper , Virginia

" I don't love her! Get rid of Annie!" My father's voice yelled. I started crying. All I ever want was a loving family. Sundenly, the portal to Rome appeared and I don't hesitate to jump into it.

I landed on the other side next to Brutus. I love him as a brother. " hey, Annie!" He said." Hey, Brutus!" I said. I felt confident again and I saw a smile on Brutus's face.

It's something that I've been loving about my older brother. He's always there for me. " why are you upset?" My sister in law,Portia, asked. " my father doesn't want me around. I don't want to be near him. Harlan county is no longer my home." I said.

Brutus told my other brother, Julius, about my father. Julius said," stay here, Annie. I don't want you to be in Harlan with your father. We got you."

I smiled at Julius. It's always better when I'm in Rome. Brutus pulled me into his arms. My family all came up to me.

They make me happy. Unfortunately, my father came and I became scared. Brutus and Julius were mad at him. Hardin grabbed my hand and lead me away with my other family members behind us.

This is my home and my father can't get rid of my family. Soon my brothers came and I raced to them. " are you ok?" I asked. Brutus nodded and Julius said," your father is fighting for his life in the colosseum."

I don't show any mercy for my father. He's a crazy man.