The Three Misfits~A "Three Musketeers" Story | Teen Ink

The Three Misfits~A "Three Musketeers" Story

By Bambi2001 BRONZE, Howell, Michigan
Bambi2001 BRONZE, Howell, Michigan

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart.
~Helen Keller

Danny, Ginny, and Lilly are three orphans who go to school and do everything they are told. One day, two Royal Police officers(otherwise known as Musketeers) come to see them during school. The officers hand the children a letter from their long lost father…

Chapter 1: ~France,the Zini House 1999, December 3rd 10:00am~

“Danny! Come on!” yelled Ginny “We’re going to be late!”
“Oh, Ginny, relax! I’m almost done.” said Danny
Danny, the youngest, and quite frankly, the slowest of the three of them-for today at least- crept out of his sleeping area, which was only covered by a small sheet. The two girls; Ginny, the oldest of all of them, and Lilly, the middle child; were all ready and set to head to the small house, where they went to get lessons from an old lady that used to be a teacher.
Ginny, Lilly, and Danny were all orphaned when Ginny was 5 years old, which meant that poor Danny was just a year old when their dad died in a mine explosion. Their mom had died right after she had given birth to Danny… Danny never liked to celebrate his birthday because of this. He was always feeling like it was his fault his momma was dead.
“Hey Danny,” Lilly said “What took you so long? It’s your birthay! You should be happy!”
Ginny whispered to Lilly “I understand you were too young to understand what was going on, but momma died right after Danny came outa her. He don’t like his birthday much no more.”
“Oh!” Lilly half whispered back “I made him a card though…”
“I understand that,” replied Ginny “Try to give it to him still, you always manage to make him feel better, even when he feels the worst.”
“Okay!” Lilly ran over to Danny and handed him her hand made birthday card.
“What is this?!?” asked Danny
“Your birthday card! Happy Birthday Danny!”
Danny sighs. “Lilly, you know I don’t celebrate my birthday… … “
“Yeah, I know… You can throw it away if you want… You are going to anyway… Sorry Danny.”
“At least I know how old I am… Unlike Ms. … … … Whatever her name is…”
“Heh… Yeah.” Lilly laughs “ Figured I would at least try…”
“Sorry to burst your guy’s balloon, but we are officially… Late!” Ginny ordered
“Sorry Ginny!!!” the two kids said in unison. The three of them all ran to their lessons as fast as their legs could carry them.

Chapter 2: ~12 noon, Ms. Moriarty’s house~

“Ahh! Children! Right on schedule! Nice job!” Ms. Marian Moriarty exclaimed
“Heh… Sorry guys, I forgot we had to be here at noon to practice lunch edicate… Sorry guys… “ Ginny apologised~
“It’s okay, Ginny.” Danny said
“Yeah, we forgive you.” said Lilly
“Well, can we get started?”

All of a sudden, a royal police officer appeared in Ms. Moriarty’s doorway..
“Excuse us ma’am, but may we speak to the children for a moment please?”
“Of course… But, just so you know, we need to finish our lessons.”
“Yes ma’am.” said one of the royal officers

To Be Continued... ...