An Adventure to Remember | Teen Ink

An Adventure to Remember

By shalisa BRONZE, Jurupa Valley, California
shalisa BRONZE, Jurupa Valley, California

It was a sunny Monday morning and Rosie was getting ready for another day at school.

While getting ready she heard her mother scream,”honey the food is ready! Come down before it gets cold.”
“I’m coming mom!” Rosie screamed down the stairs. 
Rosie was in the restroom brushing her hair and then her teeth. She was going down the wooden stairs and went to the kitchen to get her food. Her mother served her juicy bacon with scrambled eggs and fluffy brown pancakes. She was about to be done with her food when the doorbell rang. Rosie got up from her seat and went to the door.
“Hey Rosie. Are you ready to leave to school? Jesse asked.
“Ya let me go get my backpack and we can go leave.”
Jesse is one of Rosie’s best friends. They live next door to each other so they always see each other. When Rosie came out they started walking to school.
“Did you study for today’s test for math?” Jesse asked Rosie.
“No. I procrastinate yesterday watching tv and I forgot to study.”
While walking to school they caught up to their friend Sarah. Rosie and Sarah known each other since 3rd grade. They have been best friends ever since.
“Hey Sarah.” Jesse and Rosie said.
“Hey guys.”
They finally reached their school. The school was old and had moss growing on the sides. The students didn’t care because everyone at the school was nice and they loved their teachers.
During lunch Sarah, Jesse, and Rosie went to go eat outside of school. They went to In-N-Out. They all got big juicy burgers with salty fries. When they took a bite the juice dripped down their chin. They went back to school to finish the day off. They met in front of the school to walk back home.
Walking home Rosie noticed a shiny object in one of the pipes. She grabbed it and notice it was a small white crystal. Jesse’s and Sarah’s faced dropped in awe. They were so amused that Rosie had found a crystal. They looked at it for a long time.
“How did you find that Rosie? It’s so small?” Jesse asked.
“I don’t know. I just saw something shining in my eye.”
“What are you going to do with it? Sarah asked.
What am I going to do with it. Should I keep it or should I sell it.
“I honestly don’t know guys. I’ll just keep it for now. Come to my house later today and we’ll talk about it.” Rosie said
Once Rosie got to her house she went up to her room. She cleaned up her room so when her friends come over it won’t be a mess. She basically shoved everything into her closet.
“Rosie honey your friends are here.” Rosie’s mom yelled.
“Thanks mother.”
Rosie ran down the stairs to open the door for her friends. She let them in and they went into her room. They talked all night. They went down to eat dinner and went to bed. While they were sleeping the crystal started shining a bright blue light. The crystal was shaking so fast it could of caused an earthquake.
It was morning and Rosie noticed she wasn’t in her house anymore. She heard birds chirping and a waterfall near by.
Where am I? how did i get here?
“Sarah! Jesse! Can any of you guys hear me?” Rosie screamed at the top of her lungs.
She started walking around looking at everything. She saw these big, beautiful, and colorful flowers that she loved. She notice she wasn’t on earth anymore. Rosie knew she was somewhere else. While walking along the soft sand she felt something hard poking her on the side of her. She reached in her pocket and noticed the small crystal shining. It was a dim light but the more she walked she noticed it getting brighter.
While walking she felt something was following her. Rosie’s heart started racing when she heard small branches cracking. It started becoming louder and faster. Rosie turned around and she saw it was Sarah running.
“Run Rosie! There’s a lion chasing me.” Sarah’s face was red and she was sweating. She was so scarred.
“Ahhhhhhhh!”
  While running through the forest, Rosie and Sarah ran as fast as they could while hearing the lion’s hot breath behind them. Rosie’s heart was beating faster then it should be and her face was as red as a tomato. She was trying to catch up to Sarah when she heard screaming.
“Sarah are you okay!” screamed Rosie and she went to find her friend.

Rosie didn’t hear anything and she felt worried. She climbed up a tall tree to get away

from the lion.

“Sarah can you hear me?” asked Rosie as she began to cry thinking her best friend just

died. She heard a voice not far from where she was.

“Help me. I hurt my leg!” screamed Sarah trying to get Rosie’s attention.

Rosie was happy she was still alive and tried to go get Sarah. Rosie found the sharpest branch

in the tree and threw it at the lion. The lion ran away whimpering into the distance. Sarah was in a hole

crying with her hand on her hurt leg. She had cuts that were bleeding. Rosie found a vine

strong enough to pull her out. Sarah wrapped a piece of cloths around her leg so she wouldn’t bleed as

much. They found a freshwater river and drank from it. They were thirstier than a camel.

When Rosie looked up she noticed Jesse was across from them.

“ Hey Jesse over here.” They screamed at him while watching him cross the river.

Jesse came over and he was happy to see them. He was telling them how horrible it’s been for

him. They rested a little bit so Sarah’s leg would get better. When they woke up Jesse went to go

find food while Rosie stayed with Sarah. Sarah was feeling better than yesterday so once Jesse came

back they went off walking.

“Do any of you know how we got here?” Sarah asked.

“I think I know how. When i woke up the crystal was in my pocket and it was shining. I think the crystal brought us here.”
“How is that possible.”
“Could it be that the crystal is magical.”
The crystal was glowing brighter than ever. All three walked a couple miles which felt like hundreds to them. They started walking into a cave. The cave was bigger than an elephant. The cave was filled with giant beautiful crystals. They looked exactly like the one Rosie has. The crystals shined so bright that it can blind someone.
“This place is beautiful.”
While walking around they heard a waterfall.
“I think this is how we get out. Throw in the crystal.”
While Rosie was throwing in the crystal they heard a roar. Rosie threw the crystal but the giant lion was there. The portal wouldn’t open fast enough. Rosie had to make a big decision.
She grabbed Sarah and kicked her in her hurt leg and dragged her to the lion.
“I’m sorry Sarah. I need to save myself.”
“How could you do this? You will pay.”
Rosie felt so bad that she did that to Sarah. Rosie would never forgive herself. When Jesse and Rosie crossed the portal everything went black.
“Honey wake up. You’re going to be late for school.”
Rosie realized it was all just a dream and she was glad. When she saw Sarah she gave her a big bear hug.