Pokemon! | Teen Ink

Pokemon!

October 11, 2016
By Zapdos BRONZE, Colorado Springs, CO, Colorado
Zapdos BRONZE, Colorado Springs, CO, Colorado
3 articles 0 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
Gotta Catch Em All!


   Chapter 1 <> Welcome New Trainer!
            Welcome to the world of Pokémon! A place full of creatures big and small. It’s quite an awesome place if you think about it! Where you battle Pokémon and defeat gym leaders! Every year there’s a special day. Where if you are ten years old, you get to start your journey! Today, a boy has just turned ten and is going to get his journey on the road!
   A boy named James Badget! Brown Hair with a tannish white skin. Usually wears a Pikachu jacket which can zip over his face. Has a T shirt with a Pokeball on it. With Blue Pants and Black sneakers. He likes wearing a Pokemon themed baseball cap. He was 5.5 feet tall man. With sunglasses on top of his hat. He admires his look.
   James, very eager and intimidated, is going to start an adventure! He’s so eager, he woke up and went to the lab an hour BEFORE it opened! It gave James some time to think of which Pokémon to have as his starter.
   Squirtle was the Water Type Starter. Squirtle was a Turtle but it could stand, talk (Pokémon are only able to say their name) and do attacks! He was blue and courageous. Then there was Charmander, just like Squirtle, he talks, only saying Charmander. Charmander is the Fire type, he’s orange with a tan type of belly. He can breathe fire when he gains levels.
     Last there is Bulbasaur, the grass type. IT is basically a plant! It has a giant seed on its back. Also, it can use nature against his foes! James couldn’t decide but after good thinking, he got his decision. Just in time too, the Professor opened the lab. James entered and inside were three poke balls on a table.
   “Hello, my name is Professor Oak.” He said with a light toned voice.
“I can tell you are eager to start your journey!” James just nodded. “Well then, these are your choices, Squirtle, Charmander and Bulbasaur! Which do you choose?” Oak says smiling.
    “It took some thought, but I choose Squirtle! Which poke ball is he in?”  James says eagerly. Oak points to the one at the right. James picks it up.
“Here is your pokedex and spare poke balls. When you encounter a wild Pokémon, you can call on Squirtle and battle him” Oak Continues “You can either defeat him and get EXP or Capture him and use him for other battles.” Oak finishes.
     “Hey Loser!” A voice says. James looks at the door and finds the city bully (James calls him City Weirdo) at the door. He looked almost like James, but with a more fierce attitude, and a black jacket instead. “I’m so post to be the one to choose first!” Conner says determined. “I’ve waited a long time for this moment and I am not going to wait for someone else before I can do it!” James replies.
     “Thanks for the pokeballs and pokedex Professor, I’ll see you later.” James walks out the building.
   Chapter 3 <> A New Team Mate
       “We appreciate you waiting! Your Pokémon is at full health again.” Nurse Joy says smiling. Nurse Joy owns the Poke Center. A big building that a can heal Pokémon. Nurse Joy, with her assistant Chansey heals trainers Pokémon.
          Chansey is a pink Pokémon with a white pocket on her belly holding an egg. The egg is a type of item that Chansey can use to help her while doing important surgeries on Pokémon. Chansey has a white face and is very helpful to Nurse Joy. Chansey hands back Squirtle’s poke ball to James. “Thanks for the help. See you later!” James replies as he walks to the door.
           But before he reached the door, Connor runs in, Charmander with him. And a Pidgey chasing after them.
“Leave me alone you stupid bird!” Connor says running around the Poke Center. He hides behind Nurse Joy, where Nurse Joy calms down the wild Pidgey.
“Hey a Pidgey!” James says excitedly.
         He looks down to his pokedex.
“Pidgey, the flying type Pokémon. It is usually a calm Pokémon unless it is in danger. When mad, it isn’t very friendly.”
“You must have gotten Pidgey pretty mad for him to attack you like that.” James says looking at Connor, who just comes out of hiding.
         “I burned his home with Charmanders’ Ember attack! So what?!?” Connor says angrily. Nurse Joy gasps,
“You’re not allowed in this center until we find a home for this Pidgey!” Chansey forces Connor and Charmander out of the building. 
“Impressive, Charmander only knew scratch. Now he knows Ember, I wonder if you learned Bubble.” James says looking at Squirtle’s Pokeball.
     “Okay, back to the task at hand. Pidgey’s new home, wait! He can.”
“She, I can tell this is a girl.” Nurse Joy corrects.
“Okay, SHE can travel with me!” James says looking at Pidgey. “Great Idea! I’m sure you and her will get along fine!” Nurse Joy says smiling.
    James looks at Pidgey, Pidgey then nods.
“Alright then! Go Pokeball!” James says throwing a pokeball at Pidgey. The poke ball touches Pidgey and then takes her inside the ball. The poke ball waddles a bit, but then stops and makes a DING sound.
   James picks up the pokeball “Welcome to the team Pidgey.” James waves at Nurse Joy goodbye and heads for the door. When he’s out he finds Connor at the door.
“You can go in now; we found Pidgey a nice home.” James says walking to the forest.
“Where does it live? I want to get payback on it.” Connor asks. “Let’s just say you’ll see it again.” James replies.
“Pewter City, here we come!”
   Chapter 3 <> Journey to Pewter City
         James walks through the forest with high hopes. He hears a bunch of birds squawking. Squawking angrily too, he knew something was up. He runs to the sound and finds a Pikachu, Charmander with Bulbasaur fighting off a flock of Spearows. Pikachu was hurt though and couldn’t fight.
    “Hey! Leave those Pokémon alone! Pidgey! Squirtle! Come on out!” Pidgey and Squirtle pop out with smile on their faces, but that smile turns to an angry frown when they see how the three Pokémon were treated by the Spearows.
    The Spearows turn around, and then they start going after Squirtle and Pidgey.
“Not gonna happen! Pidgey, Squirtle use… huh?” James says surprised and confused to see Pidgey and Squirtle taking a deep breath. Squirtle lets the air out, along with a bunch of bubbles. Pidgey flaps her wings to make a gust of wind.
“Alright! Bubble and Gust attack!” The Spearows were both slammed and splashed to the ground by Squirtle and Pidgey.
     The Spearows all flew away scared.
“Hey, are you three okay?” James says kneeling down. Charmander prepares to attack. Pikachu looks confused and Bulbasaur is in-between.
“Hey it’s okay, I’m on your side!” James says happily and softly. Charmander looks at Squirtle, who nods. Charmander then lowers his defenses and smiles at James.
    Bulbasaur did the same, as well as Pikachu. James smiles back.
“C’mon, we have to get you three to the Poke Center! We’re not far from Pewter City. Hop in my backpack and I’ll get you their” James says taking off his backpack.
     The Pokémon put Pikachu in the backpack. They’d prefer to walk.
        Chapter 4 <> Team what now?
  James ran like he was chased by a flock of angry Charizards. With Charmander, Bulbasaur, Pidgey and Squirtle by his side. He forgot to return Pidgey and Squirtle.
“It should be just past this hill!” James says panting while jogging up a hill. When they reached the top, they saw civilization.
     But before they reached the city. A Wild Sandshrew appeared out of the dirt and cut them off. James heard laughter of a boy and girl from behind. He turns around and finds two adults.
         A boy with Black short hair, white skin and a black uniform. On the uniform there was a red R. There was a black girl with white long hair. She had the same uniform as the boy. Full pants with a T shirt but her uniform was white. With a Red R on it, they were like twins.
       “Prepare for trouble twerp” the girl says.
Quickly after the boy says “And make it double nerd”. They keep repeating after each other, girl, boy, girl, and boy.
“To protect the world from devastation”,
“To unite all people within our nation”.
“To announce the truth of peace and love”,
“To extend our hands to the stars above”.
  “Erica”,
“Eric”.
“Team Rocket blasts off at the speed of light”,
“Surrender now or prepare to fight”. James stands there face palmed, he looks up and says
“You done?” Both of them look down sad saying
“No one respects the Team Rocket motto anymore.” Now James is confused, he’s never heard of Team Rocket, or these two.
“And I thought that Connor was a weirdo.” The two quickly look up confused as well, Erica says
“You’ve never heard of the Team Rocket motto?”
Eric says after “Or of Team Rocket itself?” SandShrew quickly comes up and stands near Erica.
“Hey that’s the Sandshrew that blocked our path!” James says pointing at Sandshrew.
“Yeah no dibs Sherlock.” Eric replies. Charmander growls, Squirtle gets mad and Pikachu falls asleep. James looks at Pikachu and realizes. He takes Pikachu out of his backpack and gives it to Pidgey.
“Get him to the Pokecenter, and come back with help, these guys may not be friendly.”
          Pidgey flies over the hole Sandshrew made and disappeared behind the dust.
“Stupid move kid, you just lost two Pokemon in our battle.” Eric says. “It’s still a 3 to 1 battle, I have high hopes.” James replies.
“Not exactly, do you mind showing them what I mean Eric?” Erica says looking at Eric. Eric nods and grabs a pokeball that was in his pocket. He throws it upwards saying
“I require your assistance!” A Meowth appears out of the pokeball.
            “Oh, well, it’s a 2 v 2 then! Bulbasaur, you don’t mind staying clear do you?” James says looking at Bulbasaur. Bulbasaur nods and steps back.
“So, the twerp chooses Charmander and Squirtle.” Eric says to himself. “Well, we don’t really want to fight with you. Those pokemon will be too boring and inexperienced for the boss.” Erica says with her face turned away.
     “Of course! You’re pokemon thieves who steal pokemon from other trainers!” James says angered. “Clever kid, you know what, we’ll take your pokemon. See if they’re as strong as you are smart.” Erica replies. “I don’t know whether to take that as a compliment or insult.” James says confused.
    “Nor do I.” Eric says scratching his head. “I’ll put it this way Eric, let’s steal his pokemon!” Erica says pointing at Charmander. Eric gets all evil-eyed and says “That’s what I like to hear.” “Charmander, do you know ember?” James says, Charmander nods. “Then use it! And Squirtle, you use Bubble!”
   But before the battle starts, they hear Pikachu behind them. James turns around to find Nurse Joy, Officer Jenny and Growlithe, along with Pikachu and Pidgey running toward them. “Danget! We have to scram Eric!” Erica says. Charmander wasn’t patient though, before they could escape, he used Ember on their pokemon. Meowth falls down fainted and Sandshrew along with him.
     “Return you two!” Erica and Eric both say returning their pokemon to their pokeball. Then they ran into the Viridian forest and out of sight. “Wow! Hey Charmander, you’re super strong! All of you are!” James says happily. Pikachu reaches up and touches one of James pokeballs. He gets sucked in and captured. “Whoa! Hey, you guys want to come too?” James says grabbing two pokeballs. Charmander and Bulbasaur accept and get sucked into the pokeballs.
       “Come back you two, thanks to your help, we gained 3 new friends.” James says returning Pidgey and Squirtle. “Okay! Now we go challenge the Pewter City gym leader!” James says excited. “Then, you got to get going, the sun won’t last forever.” Nurse Joy says kindly. “What do you mean? Isn’t this Pewter city?” James asked turning to town. A slight rumble and glow appears in James shirt pocket. James pulls it out, it was his pokedex.

       “Apologies sir, but I know where you really are.” The pokedex says with a polite human male butler like voice. “YOU CAN SPEAK!!” James screams almost dropping his pokedex. “What’s your name little guy?” Nurse Joy says bending down to the pokedex. “My name is Pokedex Number 300578. But you can call me Dexter. Thanks for asking.” The pokedex replies. “Nurse Joy smiles, then looks at James. “You didn’t know about him?” “No, at least not until now.” James says.
       “Professor Oak added me inside your pokedex. I’m the first A.I. installed in a Pokedex. That makes you special in a way. I know everything in the internet and will provide you information on Pokemon you encounter in your journey.” Dexter says. “Why did Professor Oak give me the responsibility on taking care of you?” James says looking at Dexter. “He didn’t, he gave me the responsibility of taking care of you. Professor Oak worries you’ll screw up on your journey and counts on me to show you the right path.” Dexter replies.
                          Chapter 5 <> Journey detour
       James feels both safe and embarrassed about the reason Dexter is with him. “Okay, 2 questions, did Professor Oak tell you why he thinks that?” James says doubted. “Because of your attitude, he wants you to take the traditional trainer path but you want to do things different.” Dexter continues. “But I can see you want to do it normally, fighting the gym leaders and entering the Pokemon League. I’ll call him and tell him it’s all good.” Dexter starts buzzing. “You can call him?” James shouts surprised! “Well sir, I do know all about the internet and can do anything the web can do. Which includes phone calls and texts.”
       Then James hears Professor Oak’s voice saying “Yes? Pokedex 300578?” “James is going on the right path and is doing the right thing. And, if you don’t mind. I’d like to stay with him.” Dexter says. “Good, on both. I appreciate you informing me on his journey. And hope you have a good time with James.” Professor Oak says with glee. The picture of professor Oak goes away and the phone call ends.
       “So, do you know who those guys were?” James says looking at the forest Team Rocket ran into. “Team Rocket, an organization of thieves that steal Pokemon for their army and when they have enough. They will attempt to conquer the world. Police forces haven’t been able to find their secret base but they fear that it might be one of the gym leaders.” Dexter says.
       “That means their only two of an entire army of thieves.” James says looking at Dexter. “Correct sir, Team Rocket usually sends out their men in groups of two. Ordinarily a girl and a boy. We should be cautious for Rocketeers don’t take losing happily.” “What does that mean?” Nurse Joy asks. “It means we’ll see them again.” James says.
       “Well, enough with the bad news, the good news is you made a new friend and arrived at the next town on your journey!” Nurse Joy says standing and winking at James. “So, you said you knew where we really are right Dexter?” James says looking at his pokedex ally. “Correct, we are at Viridian City, the town before Pewter City.” James than says to Dexter “Give me an analysis of the city, what’s here? Is there a gym?”
       “Yes sir, there is a gym here, along with a Pokecenter and Pokestore. Otherwise it’s a normal city.” Dexter replies. “What’s the difference between a store and a Pokestore?” James asks. “Don’t you tell by the name? A Pokestore sells Pokemon items, pokeballs and potions.” Nurse Joy says, quickly after she says “C’mon, my legs are tired, I’ve got to get back to work and you’ve a gym to challenge.”
       Nurse Joy walks back inside the Pokecenter and James, using Dexter as his direction assistant, was headed for the gym. He reaches the building and walks to the door where he finds a man.
“Hi, my name is Isaac, I’m the security guard for this gym.” He says shaking hands with James. He was young man, about 14.
       He had blonde strait hair. With an orange coat and black pants. He had a kind voice and friendly face.
“Hey, I’m James, I’ve come to challenge the gym leader.” Isaac looks down at James belt to find out he only has 5 Pokemon. “You might want to catch a 6th Pokemon if you want to battle this gym. And show me your badges to get in at all.”
James scratches his head.
“I’m confused on two things, one, I didn’t know that gyms had security guards.” Isaac replies with
“This particular gym does, don’t know why, the inside is more guarded than the bank.”
"Oh", and two, what do you mean I need badges in order to get in?” James says.
“Well, this gym is the 8th gym, only the most experienced trainers get past this gym. You need 7 badges and 6 Pokémon in order to get in. You must be a new trainer, so you’re going to have to skip this gym and head for the Pewter city.” Isaac says.
"Why have the 8th gym at the beginning of a journey?" asked James. "Not all new trainers are from Pallet town kid." James quickly got surprised. How'd he know that he was from Pallet Town?
"You're the 3rd kid I've seen from Pallet town. All asked the same question. Can they enter the gym? You seem cooler than that stubborn runt." said Isaac.
James quickly knew that stubborn runt he was talking about was Connor. But that's bad news, which means Connor has a head start and is already on his way to the first gym.
"Well, I got to get going, don't want that stubborn runt to get the best of me." James turned around and was starting to walk away. But he was quickly stopped by Isaac.
"Mind if I join you on your journey?"
James seemed surprise, but nodded and said "I got to go by some pokeballs, I'll meet you at the edge of the city." James starts running toward the Pokestore.
But he wondered something, the police suspected the leader of Team Rocket was one of the gym leaders. And that gym seemed to be a little suspicious.
                Chapter 6 <> A Very Rare Encounter.
        James was lucky, he found out that Pokeballs are free when you are a official Pokemon Trainer. So, he met up with Isaac and they were on their way to Pewter City. James was asking all these questions to Isaac about his old job. But he didn't know, all he knew about his old job was that it was the 8th gym.
"Okay then, but, why'd you want to come join me?" James asked sincere.
"You think I'd like standing around and saying No to trainers over and over again? I came along so me and my Pokemon can get some fun into our lives." James quickly looked at his belt, he saw 4 pokeballs. But before another word could be said, an injured Riolu appeared and fell to James feet. Riolu was a 3 ft little Pokemon. He was kinda like a human. He had black legs and blue arms. With paws at the end, he had a blue body. And had a Black face, he was like a ninja. He had bunny like ears that hung down on his faces sides.
       James picked Riolu up and then screamed out "Who's there!?" James knew what this means, someone is hunting this Riolu for a reason. "Prepare for Trouble little twerp." said a familiar girl voice. "And make it double or you'll get hurt." went another familiar guy voice. Out came Erica and Eric.
"I may not have met you two before, but those big R's on your shirts obviously mean you work for Team Rocket!" said Isaac. James was feeding Riolu Pokemon medicine that he got at the Pokestore. Unfortunately, he had to pay for that, but it proved useful. Riolu quickly jumped up behind James head. That Riolu was both courageous and frightened.
       "Why are you hunting this Riolu!?" Asked James in a more unpleasant voice.
"Don't you know the rarity of a Riolu?" said Erica. "I hope your brains are smart enough to have that answer your question." Eric following. "What are you talking about? Riolu aren't rare! There are hundreds, almost thousands of them in the Kalos and Sinnoh region!" said Isaac.
"Wow, looks like we're not the only smart ones around here. But even still, you're dumb enough to NOT realize why we’re hunting it. It's the only Riolu in the Kanto region.” Eric replies.
“If you want a Riolu, you can find one at some other place! Rhydon! You’re on!” Isaac commented while throwing a pokeball.
Out of the pokeball came a gray bull like Pokemon. It seemed to have layers and layers of thick gray strength. It was on its 4 legs and had a giant horn on its head. James stood in amazement, but quickly asked Dexter about it.
“Rhydon, the Steel type Pokemon. This Pokemon is very strong but much unfocused. It never considers any of its surroundings until after it rams its target.”
       Eric smiled, he seemed to have something up his sleeve. “Go Meowth!” Out came the little kitty with a hiss.
“Eric, you realize that’s a Rhyhorn! Right?!?” Erica says in fear. “Rhyhorn are fast, but not agile! Meowth will be able to take it out with ease! Speaking of which, Meowth! Use Scratch!” Eric shouted.
Meowth did as he was told, but it only started crying and massaging its claws. Eric takes a closer look at Rhyhorn. The sun shined off it, it was a super strong hide.
“It’ll take a lot more than a scratch to break through a Rhyhorn hide! Rhyhorn, use tackle!” Isaac said smirking.
“Go Sandshrew, dig a hole under Rhyhorn, and Trap him in!” Erica screamed throwing a Pokeball. Sandshrew, the little gold armadillo came out and dug into the ground. Rhyhorn quickly fell into a pit, too deep for him to see out.
Riolu jumped off James shoulder. He didn’t seem too happy. James smiled, knowing that the medicine worked. The next thing James knew, Sandshrew and Meowth were knocked out. Riolu came back to James with a cloud of dust.
“That was quick attack, and faster than any other quick attack I’ve seen!” Isaac stood in amazement.
“And the strongest! It took em both out!” James shouted with excitement. Team Rocket returned their Pokemon.
“You just made us your permanent enemy Riolu! We’ll hunt you down!” Eric said, then they both ran.
Riolu smiled, but that quickly turned to a frown. James knew why, he was all alone. Riolu didn’t have anyone to keep him safe from Team Rocket.
“Hey Isaac, how’d you think he got defeated with that power?” James asked.
“Ambush, he didn’t know they were coming. Got hit right where it hurts.” Isaac replied.
James nods, “I get it, sneak attack.”
“Precisely.”
“Riolu is too dangered out in the wild. With that power, he’ll be hunted down by the entire Team Rocket Organization. Any Ideas?” Isaac asked scratching his head. James smiled, he took his sunglasses off his hat and put it on his eyes.
“I’ve got a plan, but it will require Riolu’s decision. Maybe I can capture him and he’ll be safe with us.” James said staring at Riolu. Riolu stood there for a few seconds. Then he smiled, ran to James, jumped and pressed a Pokeball. He was quickly sucked in, and with the sudden ding. Riolu was captured, but the Pokeball quickly opened up. Out came Riolu, panting.
“Obviously you don’t like Pokeball size spaces. Don’t worry, you can ride on my shoulder. Welcome to the team Riolu.” James said putting his sunglasses on his hat. Riolu jumped on James shoulder. He preferred that over some smelly Pokeball.
Chapter 7 <> Thief in Kanto
       James, Isaac and Riolu travel to Pewter city with high hopes. Especially Riolu, with his new trainer. But they come across a rugged warehouse. It was a sturdy warehouse however. The walls made out of wood and no paint on it. With a white roof and red door.
Riolu quickly jumped off James shoulder and ran to the warehouse. He was a curious little Pokemon. James and Isaac ran after him. Riolu opened the door with a push. But he was shocked to see what was inside.
Hundreds of Caterpie, some Metapods too. Caterpie was a small little worm like bug Pokemon. About a little bigger than a foot. With a green body and black eyes. And an antennae on its head. And along with it was Caterpie’s evolved form, Metapod. With a green thick shell. It was a cocoon type of Pokemon. With eyes sticking out of the shell.
All of them, trapped in cages.
“Who would cage all these Pokemon? They deserve to be in the open. Where they can be happy and at their rightful home.” James said. He then started trying to break a lock on a cage.
“No good, we need a plan.” James says. Riolu walked up to a cage. His leg glowed white and it quickly kicked the lock. It broke right in half, and the Caterpie inside got out.
“Good idea Riolu! Your Low Kick attack is strong enough to break the locks! Isaac, you help them get back to the wild! We’re breaking these Pokemon out!” James chanted. Cage after cage was emptied. Lock after lock was broke.
Caterpie after Metapod escaped. Riolu was about to break another one until a giant boom came from behind. James turned around and found Isaac on the ground rubbing his head.
He saw a big fat man. With white skin and torn clothes.
With a bushy mustache and glasses. He was bald, and had an angry frown. Behind him was an Voltorb. It was a ball type Pokemon. His top half was red. And bottom half white. He had angry eyes. And no mouth, or nose.
“What are you doing! These Pokemon are mine! I captured them!” the man says with a big scratchy voice.
“Putting them in cages isn’t what I call capturing! You need to learn the Pokemon basics!” James replies. The man gets even angrier.
Then he asks in a light soft voice “Do you know who I am?”
“Honestly no, I have no idea who you are. The only thing I know is that you are a big old idiot thinking caging is the same as capturing!”
“Kid, I am Dugel Munchendez. The most dangerous Pokemon thief in the Kanto region. I sell these pokemon on the black market. Get’s me some good money. I’d suggest you get out of the way. Before things get messy.”
James wasn’t scared however. He was only a 4.6 ft tall man. And he only had 1 pokemon. James had a strange buzzing in his right pocket. He pulled it out, it was Dexter vibrating.
“Something up Dex?” James asks. Isaac wakes up. He runs back to regroup with James.
“That is not Dugel Munchendez. Dugel is much taller, skinnier and smarter than this man. And he turned into a hero of Kanto. He doesn’t steal pokemon anymore. This is one big fat fake.” Dexter says.
“You’ve got two choices faker. One, you can help us free these pokemon and you say sorry to all of them. OR you battle ALL of us. Make your move.” Isaac says.
“You think the great Dugel Munchendez will be scared of two immature idiots! You’ll be sorry! Voltorb! Go!” Voltorb rolls over in front of him.
“Okay Riolu, you got this! Use! Uh, Dex, what attacks does Riolu have?” James asks. Riolu jumps off his shoulder.
“Riolu Attacks Number 1. Quick Attack. Number 2. Foresight. Number 3. Endure. Other attacks depend on lvl. At lvl 6. Riolu learns Counter. At lvl 11 Riolu learns Feint. At lvl 15. Riolu learns...”
“Enough of this! Voltorb! Use Explode!” the man interrupts. Voltorb rolls over to Riolu lighting up.
“Use your Quick attack to push it back! Make Mr. Dugel taste his own medicine!” James chanted. Riolu did as he was told. He used quick attack and smashed into Voltorb.
That made him fly straight to Dugel. KABOOOOOM goes Voltorb. When the smoke cleared, Dugel was down on the ground. Knocked out, but there was another man. He was 6.3 ft tall. And was strong, with no mustache. In fact, you can’t tell if he had skin. His entire body was covered. He had gloves, a jacket, and a mask, Nothing of his skin was seen.He had goggles, and a hat. He was holding a pokeball.
“Who are you?” Isaac asked.
“You can call me Chester. I’m here to clean up this mess so called Dugel made. I thank you for handling Dugel. I’ll take it from here.” he said in a deep voice. He opened the pokeball he was holding.
Out came a Kadabra. Kadabra used psychic and opened all the cages. Then the man returned Kadara. Grabbed Dugel, and threw a ball of smoke down on the ground. When the smoke cleared. He was gone, so was Dugel.
Chapter 8 <> A first Badge, Part One.
James couldn’t stop wondering about that man that took away the Pokemon robber. He had so many questions. Who was Dugel Munchendez? Who was the Robber if he wasn’t Dugel? And most importantly, Who was that mysterious man? He asked Dexter these questions. Dexter replied with “Dugel Munchendez is an honorable soldier who was once a robber. Thinking he was doing the right thing. But he realized he wasn’t doing good at all. He quickly changed and now, thanks to his skills, is the most strongest Police officer in the Kanto Region.”
“Also, the robber, by his scratchy voice. Is Joe Billhoard, a thief who pretends to be Dugel to frame him for his crimes. However, it doesn’t work at all. Joe has been a target to police for a long time. But no one ever has captured him, or even see him. He moves around to much. We were lucky to find his 183rd hideout this past week.”
“And the mysterious man, by his tone of voice. I think it was Dugel Munchendez himself. You are very lucky! Not many citizens get to see him! Very few Police even get a glimpse at him! He’s that secretive.” Dexter finishes.
James was a little amazed. Why does Dugel not like being seen? Perhaps Officer Jenny has seen him often. Does Dugel not like being seen because of his past criminal record? And why did he say for us to call him Chester? When his real name is Dugel.
He didn’t know, and by Riolu’s look, he didn’t either. But that all was soon forgotten when Isaac tugged on James shirt. James looks at him, and Isaac is pointing forward. James makes a look, and he sees Pewter city. It wasn’t too beholding really. There were no tall buildings, only houses, a shop and any type of town. No city or stuff like that.
James smiled, it kind of reminded him of home. No huge towering city buildings. Just open air and fresh smells. Riolu jumped off James shoulder and ran toward it. James and Isaac followed.
It took them a couple minutes but they made it to the town. James looked around, he didn’t see a gym from first glimpse. He started walking around town. Houses, Shop, Market, Pokecenter, Pokeshop. But no gym, is there a gym?
“Hey Isaac? You sure there is a gym here?” James asked. “Positive, the Boulder type gym. Let’s ask around. Maybe the townsfolk know where it is.” Isaac replies.
James and Isaac then started asking people. They didn’t know, until Riolu saw another pokemon trainer. One holding a Boulder Badge. He tugged on James pants. James saw him as well.
“Hey! Do you know where the Boulder Gym is?” James asked. “Yeah, it’s out around the hill over there. I asked the gym leader why he has his gym on the outskirts of town. And he says that it’s to get the trainers to know what they’re up against. It is surrounded by rocks. By the way, names’ Maria. You’re getting a Boulder Badge right?” she finishes.
“Yeah, and my names’ James, that’s Isaac, and this is Riolu.” James replies. Maria was a young girl. 10 to 11 years old. Same height as James. With pink dyed hair,  and blue eyes. She had a pink t-shirt and pants. She really liked Pink.
“Well, I gotta go, maybe we’ll see eachother again at the Pokemon League!” she chants winking. James looks confused, before he can ask her about the Pokemon league, she runs off.
“Nice girl. Well, anyway, let’s go see this gym.” Isaac says. James turns around and nods. They start walking toward the hill of rocks. “Hey Isaac, that girl said something about a Pokemon league. Mind filling me in?” James says. Riolu, with his head leaning on James head. Also looked confused and wondered.
“The Pokemon league is a competition where Trainers with 8 pokemon badges are allowed to enter and fight other trainers. It’s a big thing in the world. It starts with 100 trainers, who battle each other. If you win, you get to the next stage. It repeats all the way to the final two trainers. Whoever wins the league has a chance to fight the Pokemon champion of the region. I don’t know much more than that. Sorry.” Isaac says.
“Huh, I’ll see if I can get into it. When does it start?” James asks.
“I’m guessing 4 months from now.”
“Then we got plenty of time to get those badges!”
“Hang on, if you knew about the badges. How did you not know about the Pokemon league?”
“My mom just says you collect the badges to say your a good trainer. She never told me about a competition requiring them to enter.”
“Riolu!” Riolu cuts them off pointing at a building. It was a small building. Size of two 2 story houses combined. It was completely gray, except for the roof. Which was brown, along with no windows and a door. It was against a bunch of boulders to the left.
And was near the edge of a cliff to the right. Right above the door, was a Pokeball symbol.
“I’m guessing this is it.” James says. “You sure you can take him? Gym leaders train long and hard. They always make their badge battles their best battles.” Isaac says.
“Badge battles?” James asks.
“That’s what I call them, you do a battle against the gym leader and if you win. You get the badge. If you lose, you have to wait a day before having a rematch with him.”
“This is the boulder type gym right Isaac?”
“That’s right.”
“Then I have the advantage, boulder is the same as rock. And Rock type pokemon are weak against water type. And we have Squirtle on our team.”
They walk up to the door and open it. They see a giant battlefield of rock. It was really nothing else other than that. Just a giant Pokemon battlefield. But in the back of the building was a door. A black door, above them were ceiling lights. And a lot of them, takes a lot of lighting to brighten a dark building.
“So, you want to get a badge I suppose.” says a mysterious voice.
Across the room was a dark tan skin man. WIth spiky brown hair. A light brown light jacket and orange shirt. And dark brown pants with some sneakers. His eyes were closed. As if he was closing them. But how’d he know James and Isaac were there if he can’t see? Does he use his ears?
“My name’s Brock, the leader of this gym. If you want a badge, you’ll have to battle me, and win. If you aren’t here to battle me, then what is it you want?” Brock finishes.
“That’s right! I’m here to get my first badge!” James says excited.
“Do you have experience battling?” Brock asks.
James gets a confused look. He takes a glimpse at Isaac, who shrugs. Then at Riolu, who also shrugged. James returned his focus to Brock.
“I’ve been in a couple battles before, yeah. Why do you ask?”
“So I know if I should go easy on you or not. Like that other girl, who hadn’t been in a battle at all. Since you have experience, this fight won’t be as boring as the other one.”
“I’ll take that as a compliment.” James stated.
“Two pokemon each. You know the rules. I’ll start out with Geodude! Go!” Brock finishes throwing a pokeball. Out came a rock type pokemon. It had no legs. It levitated. It seemed to have only arms and a body. His face on that body, seemed angry. He had some strong muscular arms.
“A geodude! Um… Dex…. what’s a geodude?” James asks.
“Geodude, the rock type pokemon. These pokemon are strong and determined. And will never betray their trainer.”
“So it’s a rock type. In that case, Riolu. See what you can do!”
Riolu jumped off his shoulder and onto the battlefield.
“You sure you want to use a normal type against a rock type?” Brock asked.
“Yup, I’ll stick with Riolu!”
“James! What are you thinking! Why not use Squirtle first?” Isaac whispered.
“I know what i’m doing Isaac. Riolu! Use Quick attack!” Riolu followed as James ordered and went in for a quick attack. Brock wonders what he’s up too. Riolu gets closer and closer to Geodude.
“Now! Grab him and slam him to the ground!” James shouts.
Riolu saw where he was headed. He grabbed Geodude’s arm and hurled him to the floor.

Isaac raised his eyebrows, surprised by his plan of attack. Brock however, wasn’t too surprised. He smiled on the idea that James came up with. Geodude stood back up, shaked his head, then was ready for battle.
“What, you thought I would do a direct assault?” James said smirking.
“You remind me of an old friend of mine. Always thinking differently, always coming up with a unique way to get around problems.” Brock smiled with the thought of James and his old friend being alike.
“He also had a pokemon who didn’t like being in a pokeball.” Riolu smiled at that idea, knowing he isn’t the only one who doesn’t like
Pokeballs. Too tightly spaced he thought.
“Now it’s our turn. Geodude! Use tackle!” Geodude makes a ram for Riolu. But Riolu is too fast for him. He jumps over his attack like he was lightning.
“Now Riolu! Use quick attack!” James hollered. Riolu, with his super speed slams into the back of Geodude. He takes a few steps back, rubbing his head.
“Good move. But Geodude has a rock hard body of muscle. A quick attack may be devastating. But not against a rock type!” Brock informs.
“Dude! You just used a unique strategy in order to AVOID getting Riolu’s head hurt!How’d you forget!?!” Isaac shouted. James shrugged.
“Now use light punch!” Brock ordered.
Geodude throws a fist at Riolu. And this time, he had the element of surprise.  Riolu couldn’t dodge his way out of this one. With a hard slam, he gets punched down into the ground. Rolls a little bit, then stands back up. He flinched a little bit, but was okay.
“You okay Riolu?” James asks. Riolu nods from across the field.
“Good! Because we're doing our next move! Let’s try quick attack again!”
 


The author's comments:

It's still a work in progress. Hope you all like it so far!