taking america | Teen Ink

taking america

November 20, 2015
By nickdecola BRONZE, Stafford, Virginia
nickdecola BRONZE, Stafford, Virginia
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

1832 was a harsh time in America. It had been taken over by our own military and now they roam the streets like they own the place.  I guess they didn’t like the dictator that treated them like garbage, but hey can’t you blame them.  I really didn’t care for the military, neither did my friends. We would rant all night about how we would take America back but we were to scared to do anything. We would try throwing rocks at the soldiers walking the streets but we would run as soon as we threw them.  My name is Andrew, and I want to take my home back.

I slowly pulled myself out of bed and look at one of my roommates. “Tommy what’s today’s date?”  Tommy was the same age as me 15 with short brown hair and a lean frame.

Tommy slowly turned his head and looked at the calendar. “ It’s the fifth.”

I jumped with excitement. “The fifth?” “Its assembly day!” Assembly day was the best for teenagers because we got gifts.  You only got gifts if you’re over 13 years old. How it works is that all of the people older than 13 get on a stage and give each other gifts.  my friends and I want to sabotage it so we got each other weapons like knives and thing like that. When everyone was done we charged at the guards because there were only 10 of them and 15 of us.

As we were walking up to the soldier's noticed us walking up to them with things in our hand but they couldn't really figure what it was. “Hey you three, stop right there!” He pointed his gun at us. “Take one step and I’ll blow your head off!” He screamed at us. We freeze and look at each other, he walks over and asks us a question. “ What are you guys doing over here?” He looks down and saw the knives in our hands.  We instantly stab him and sprint to the next guy. Wke these guys out faster than you can say “kill”.  We took all of their weapons and ammunition so now we have guns.

“Hey andrew what do you think will happen when we attack again?” “ Do you think we’ll die?” “ I mean they know about us now.”  Billy said worried. Billy is the youngest of all of us. He looked down in sadness. A tear splashes on the floor. “ I don’t want to die!” Billy started to cry. 

“Billy it’s ok don’t worry about it they do know about us know now, but they don’t know who we are or where we are.” I looked at Billy and comforted him. He whipped his nose and stopped crying. “ Hey look we just have to fight harder now ok we can do this they have a lot more numbers than us but will never expect that it's us.” I looked at all of my friends and put my hand in. Everyone gathered around and I gave them a speech .


“Hey We can do this let's attack their hq tomorrow at 2:00 in the morning.” I look at everyone and they said they were good with that so we are attacking at 2:00 in the morning.

We got to the hq and everyone is sleeping except for the guards we quickly take them out with our knives. We rushed into their tents and slaughter every single soldier there without any noise whatsoever. Then finally we get to the  captain's tent we wake him for this we break his legs and arms and kill him and we take America back. 


The author's comments:

i like it alot