John's Journey | Teen Ink

John's Journey

May 14, 2015
By SaxoBro BRONZE, Melbourne, Florida
SaxoBro BRONZE, Melbourne, Florida
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Shut up baby, I know it.

~Bender


John’s Journey
     John had just gotten out of college when his parents kicked him out of the house. John’s parents said that he was being a “Lazy bum” and needs to “stop mooching off of your parents and grow up and get your own place.” This wasn’t the first time that John’s parents had gotten into an argument with him. One time before, John was almost kicked out of the house because he had been sneaking out of the house to hang out with his friends.  
     To be “fair” John’s parents had let him stay in the house for three more days. However, on the second night before being homeless John ran away from home. This was not a good idea because John had no clue what he was doing, where he would go, and what strange things might happen. At least John was brave and decided to steal the family car out of anger and frustration. Once he had left the house and got in the car he started driving westward. After a few miles of driving, one of the car’s tires exploded and caused the car to crash into a tree and explode into a massive fireball of destruction as well. Lucky, John was not injured in the accident and found another unattended car and kept driving.
   John drove for the rest of the night and didn’t go to sleep. The next day the car started to sputter and ran out of gas. Instead of filling up the tank, John decided to ride the bike that was conveniently placed in the trunk of the car. He decided to do this because he didn’t have enough money and wanted some exercise. 
After a few days of riding his bike, John decides to take a breather and gets off of his bike and as soon as he gets off the bike explodes into a million pieces as well. John was really upset that everything kept exploding because he had no way to travel anymore except for walking. Walking is no big deal right? Well, for John it is a big deal. For some strange reason John has a hatred for walking.
     Later that same day, John was extremely tired because he had not slept in the past 72 hours (three days.) John decided to find a super comfortable bench to take a nap on. He got in about a 45 minute nap before a homeless man tried to take his kidneys. A few minutes later he came upon a house. He said “Hmphh, this house looks strangely familiar.” The house that John had found was his next door neighbor’s house.


The author's comments:

I had to write a story inspired by The Odessy for my English class. I decided to embelish it a little and here we are.