Origins of cervello | Teen Ink

Origins of cervello

By TheEukaryote17 PLATINUM, Hull, Massachusetts
TheEukaryote17 PLATINUM, Hull, Massachusetts

“Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.” - MLK

Story:
"It's done. I've got my job application back in the mail!" I said to myself. I opened it up with desperate hope it would be accepted. I read it slowly and noticed I was declined. I shed a tear. Not for the fact I was rejected, but for fear. "What's wrong, dad?" My young son asked. "Nothing, just watched a sad movie." I told him lying. I don't like to lie, I'm a good person, but sometimes things need to be done. I wondered what I would do.I needed to get money, somehow. I would be mercilessly evicted if I didn't pay rent soon.

I talked to whoever I could to give me some money to get by for at least some time. Or at least for someone to let me stay with them. I felt like c--- asking, but what else could I do? My friend Chris told me he knew someone in town who needed help and would pay great money for it. I didn't even ask what the person needed, I would do anything.

He gave me the persons number. I called them. "Hello?" I asked on the phone, calling the person who needed help. "Who is this?" They asked, not so welcoming. "Um, my friend told me that you would pay someone good money for help with something." I asked "Oh! Yes, I do need help." He said much nicer. "Where can I meet you?" I asked him trusting the person my friend introduced me to was safe. "Lets meet at the restaurant on the corner of anashton street." I requested. We lived in a small town, so there wasn't any same restaurants or streets. "When should we meet?" He asked me. "Um, are you free today?" I asked kind of in the hurry to get money. "Yes, what time?" He asked. "Um, what about now?" I asked because is crucially needed money. "That seems good. See you there!" He said. I didn't think about my son. I was pretty irresponsible at times. "Hey buddy, dads gotta go somewhere, okay?" I told him disappointed with myself. "Where?" He asked. "Can I come?" He asked repeatedly without letting me answer. "No, I have to help a friend. I'll be back later." I told him. I trusted him to stay alone in the apartment. What could go wrong? Actually, a lot of things, but I hoped he would just watch tv and play with his toys as he usually did and has been all weekend.

I walked out the front door only increasingly worried about Todd and if he would be okay all alone in the apartment. I locked the door to make sure no one came inside. I walked down the stairs past all the neighbors front doors, and out into the street and to my car. I drove to the restaurant thinking about what the man needed and how long it may take. What if it took all day? What if it wasn't enough money? What if Todd gets hurt? I was slightly upset and starting to panic but I tried to stay calm ad hope that it would be quick. I saw him in the restaurant at a table. He didn't have anything in front of him, so he must of not been here too long. I walked in the front door and past all the other tables with people eating.

He stood up and shook my hand. "Hi, my name is lous rekees, but call me Louis Ricky." It was a definitely odd name. "Nice to meet you, I'm Kyle." I didn't want to tell him my last name was vash. "Is there something I can do for some payment?" I tried to ask politely but in a hurry. "Yes, it's at my house though." I didn't want to sit and eat. I wanted to get money and go back to make sure Todd was safe. "What will I be helping you with?" I asked. "I have made a product. I'm an inventor. I need you to test it." He said finally telling me. It seemed very easy.

He drove back to his house and I followed him with my car. We went inside. He went down into his basement and brought it back up to the living room. It was a small bag. It had pills in it. That's not the product is it? I asked myself. "Here is the product." He said. He handed me the bag. I didn't say anything at first. I was kind of scared. What was I suppose to say? I couldn't refuse it, I needed the money. There was nothing else I could do. I just took the pills. Any questions I had would be rude, obvious, or would upset him. It was obvious they were tested. He wouldn't give me just some random pills he made. Even if he did Chris wouldn't be friends with him if he was weird like that. I just took them and wet back home. I drove home wondering. I was nervous about so many things. Todd was fine. I took the pills that night.

Everything was fine, until I woke up. I woke up and I felt so different. Like I had the flu. But I also had a different feeling. I can't explain it. I drove Todd to school because he was late and missed the bus. He was very tired. He didn't say a word in the car. I wondered what made me feel that way. It was obviously Louis' pills. I thought: who would take pills from a stranger? What would happen to me? What was in them? What will Louis say? I was more angry than anything.

After I drove Todd to school I immediately called Louis. "Hey! What did you put in those pills?!" I asked. "Why? Are there side effects? What is happening? How do you feel?" He asked without answering my question. He knew obviously what was in them or else he wouldn't ask for results. I was a lab rat. I became furious. "Tell me what was in them!" I commanded. Then he said a bunch of different science words for chemicals... but I understood them. Some helped increase the amount of released chemicals that reduced the amount of distractions and some released chemicals that made learning easier... But some, literally made me smarter out of no where, though that seems impossible. As if he was reading my mind, he said

"I call them neuron enhancers. And now that I know that they work, I need you to do something for me." He asked. "Why would I do anything for you?!" I asked curious and still mad. "Because with your newly achieved knowledge, you can forge great things. Things that will change the world." He revealed. I thought for a moment. I could use more money, and he said I would change the world, but I really shouldn't trust him. "How much?" I asked still angry. I needed the money, this would be the fastest way too. "Unlimited supply of the smart pills." He answered. "And?" I asked seriously. "That's well worth enough!" He replied sternly. "Fine." I agreed that that was worth it, but it was not rent money. I thought for a moment. I realized it was better. It was a chance to get a permanent job. It was a chance to outsmart situations. It was a chance to make things better. This is what I wanted all along. I was still slightly angry, but much more thankful and appreciative than anything.

"What do you want me to do?" I asked willing to do anything now. "I need you to build me something." He said, still not completely answering my question. "Build you what?" I asked. "I need you to build me a robot..." He said in completely seriousness. "I already have the supplies." He told me. "Your ridiculous!" I told him, not thinking. "I'm not ridiculous. I just have plans." He told me. I then realized he was completely serious. We went down into his basement and I started the wiring. It was so easy, like I had done it a million times. I finished the initial wiring that afternoon. I remembered I needed to go pick Todd up from school. I wasn't late though, it was like the medicine made me more responsible too. It improved everything. I picked Todd up. Todd was so happy about his day at school. He said he had a great day. Everything was going great. Over the rest of the week I continued to build the robot. I continued to take the pills. I continued to experience the side effects. I took the risk. Things continued to go great. Eventually I was just about done. I disregarded the fact I would be a minute late or two to pick Todd up so that I could finish the robot. I finished it. Louis and I agreed that I would come tomorrow too and it would be my last day. We would discuss what the robot would be used for. I didn't think about that at first.

Then I rushed, driving fast, yet driving carefully. The pills helped me navigate carefully yet much faster. I got to Todd's bus station... but then my vision suddenly blanked. I couldn't see anything. I tried to swerve out of the way to not hit Todd. When my vision returned, I left the car to see if I had hit Todd. Luckily I hadn't. But the other parents picking up their children had seen me. I realized what had happened, because I was super smart. I was driving while intoxicated. I knew what would happen next. In short terms I went to jail and lost Todd for driving while intoxicated. Later, I admitted what I had done. I was in jail now. It had all gone wrong. But this isn't the end. I was a genius now, the medicine became permanent. I had the power, but I just needed to use it. I had made a terrible mistake, and use the rest of my life to save others with my new power. I DID make a mistake. I WAS Kyle vash. But I wanted to be better. I AM going to save people. I AM cervello (French for brain).

These are the origins of the hero cervello. This story takes place in era 1 of my super hero universe called legends of the key. This is how he got his powers.