Unstoppable | Teen Ink

Unstoppable

By katherine345 PLATINUM, Redding, Connecticut
katherine345 PLATINUM, Redding, Connecticut

They are coming. They have been coming all along. We all realized, I suspect, that this day would be upon us soon enough, yet no one wanted to admit it. No one wanted to accept the terror that was yet to happen as the truth. We have hidden from our enemies for twenty years, trying to prevent the war from starting up again, but there have been traitors, information leaked, and weapons destroyed, and I have a feeling they will find us tonight. My leader, the patriarch of the group, stood up on a stool in our underground hideout and calmly spoke up, “Today is the day, I’m afraid. We have been training for years now, preparing for the inevitable. The prophecy speaks of two ways that events of the night may go down. Our domiciles will crumble beneath us at the hands of one of our own, or one of us will save the world as we know it. The prophecy speaks the truth, and we will discover soon what truth it speaks.” I looked around the room, breathing deeply, knowing I was the one the prophecy spoke of. I could either save us all or destroy everything, and I had no idea what I was going to do, or what I was supposed to.