Jacks advunture | Teen Ink

Jacks advunture

By Erik Kolditz BRONZE, Cathlamet, Washington
Erik Kolditz BRONZE, Cathlamet, Washington
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

by Camille Kolditz
1/29/15         
This story is about a boy named Jack. He lived with his father in a dwarf town. 14 years old.His father is Arthur Bade. He was as wise as an owl and also a very honest man beloved in the town.  Jack wanted to be just like him.
One day Jack's dad got sick and no one knew what was ailing him. He was getting sicker by the minute and the local medicine man was lost with what was wrong with Arthur. What he thought  was a little cold turned out to be much more. Fearing that he might meek his maker without anyone to take care for Jack, Arthur sent a letter to his
Sister Phoebe.
Arthur thought his sister’s name was odd, but she loved it. She was glad that she was coming . it had been a long time since they have seen each other. A few days latter Phoebe knocked on the little cottage door and Jack opened  
it and ‘’yelled aunt Phoebe!’’
Jack took her to see his father. She was happy to see him and Arthur was happy too.
Phoebe was worried for Arthur. He was as sick as a dog. And she wondered what she could do to help.
She visited with Arthur for a while. He told her about how he was feeling and how they were doing in their little town.  they went to bed and  said ‘’good night’’. The next day Jack got up to go see if his aunt was awake. He gasped; she was not there! Jack kept saying ‘‘Aunt Phoebe where are you’’. He got no reply. She had disappeared into thin air.

He started to panic. He woke his dad up asking him if he's
seen her. He was barely awake when he heard what Jack was saying. His eyes
widened as he realized what just happened. Someone must have taken her.
Jack continued with his search. then he found a clue to his aunt’s mysterious disappearance.  It was a chip from a horn and a note saying; ’’You will never find her or her powers.’’
Jack was confused. ’’Powers?’’ he said to himself ‘’ what does it mean by powers?’’ He showed his dad the note. His dad turned white.  ‘’Oh no! we have to go after her.’’
Jack was confused and upset because his dad did not tell him anything about the whole powers thing. His dad told him his family had secrets that he, Jack, was not supposed to know about at least not yet. “ We all have powers and your aunt Phoebe studies magic more than all of us so she's the most powerful and thats probably why some one would want to kidnap her. For her knowledge’’.
Jack wondered if he had any powers. So he asked his dad, he said ‘‘not yet .’’ Jack was so surprised he thought it was amazing. For now he had to focus on finding his aunt.His dad could not go after her because of his worsening condition. It was up to Jack to go after her.
At first he was terrified he almost thought about leaving her and not even going but he had to. So he put a few essentials in his bag and his dad called him to his room and gave him a stone. He said it was magical and it would make anything it touches disappear. But it could not harm humans.He said to just rub it and it will work
Jack  had so many questions, but he had to be off on his first adventure.He was scared a little and he didn't want to go alone so he brought his dog, Patty, for company.
His dad did a magic spell on the not making it a map showing exactly were his aunt is.
Jack followed it all the way to the misty forest, then to the red volcano.
At the volcano Jack was surprised to find a huge house that almost looked like a castle. From a distance it looked red. It was made of the lava rock from the volcano. The Lava when it cooled turned red instead of the grayish tone that most lava rock turns.

He  walked in the house and yelled “ hello! is anybody there?”
Jack walked farther into the house. The walls had holes which let in light from the outside. The place was quiet and scary. Jack had to continue looking for his aunt.
He looked out a window and there she was unharmed. She was walking up the volcano. Her hand were tied to her back, but she was okay.
Jack was relieved to see her. He ran outside feeling like the happiest boy who just found a lost toy. He was about to call out her name when he suddenly noticed that she was not alone. He could now see the giant hairy creature next to her. Jack was terrified he was scared to get closer he started to regret going but he kept going anyway. He tiptoed near the figure, hiding behind a rock. He now could see the creature. It was a huge minotaur!
He almost screamed but put his hands over his mouth. His heart almost jumped out of his chest. Then the beast went up the volcano. Jack wondered what it was doing. He thought the beast was going to throw aunt Phoebe into the crevice. His dad said ‘’the beast wanted her for her powers’’ killing did not make sense. The minotaur seemed to be talking to her and suddenly he was gone. Jack was curious, he tried to find out where the beast went.  He could not find him.

Just then Jack heard a sound behind him.  The teenage screamed like a girl.  He was startled. He walked backwards and the beast laughed at him. a heart piercing laugh.
Jack was at the edge of the volcano and the beast was about to push him off when Phoebe yelled as loud as she could and said "stop!" The beast paused and said ‘’Oh that's right you two are related ’’ Yes we are. Don’t hurt him,’’  she said.
‘‘How bout we make a deal,’’ said the beast.  ‘’I throw him in and … ‘‘Wait’’ Jack  interrupted.  You weren't going to throw her in the volcano?
“No of course not’’ replied the beast.
“Then why did you come up here?” asked Jack.
’’I knew you were following me and I planned this the whole time you humans are so dumb.’’
While the beast was monologuing,  phoebe used her magic to make the beast not pay attention. Jack an his aunt ran off and he didn't even notice. They ran as fast and as far as they could before they stopped for the night.

Jack could not believe what just happened. They just escaped from a minotaur. This was more than he ever thought could happen to him. no one would believe his story.
He was used to playing his interments with his friends and now this.
The next morning Jack smelt something very bad ,like garbage.Then something was breathing on him.He opened one eye and the beast was starring right at him.Jack stood up and leaned against the tree and then he remembered the stone his dad gave him.Th beast said ‘’I’ve got you now.’’ Jack said ‘’No you don’t’’ he took the stone out of his octet rubbed it and pointed it to the beast.The beast vanished.He was gone.Phoebe woke up and she saw jack breathing so hard.Then she recognized the stone he had in his hand.She asked’’What happened?’’Oh nothing I just killed the beast!Phoebe was so happy.They were free to go home.When they arrived,his dad was out of bed and feeling much better.He was glad to see them and looked at his son with pride.He was glad that his son showed great bravery .

while growing up i read lots of books with advunture and magic and i enjoy it very much and my story has both of those thing 

1 article 0 photos 1 comment
hope you like my article