The Prison Escape | Teen Ink

The Prison Escape

By cjmayes SILVER, St. Paul, Arkansas
cjmayes SILVER, St. Paul, Arkansas

(dont got one)

Today was the day when it all had happen. People were fighting against the police, and stores and office building were burning.  I was in the middle of it just trying to stay alive and make it to the safe zone. My two cousins James and Ben were with me, so I wasn’t alone. It all started when people had attacked the prison to free all of the inmates and take over the city. I never thought this day would come, and no one was ready for what was about to happen.

After the attack had happened, the police had created a zone where it was safe just five miles around the prison. We were playing a card game when a bunch of thugs assaulted the safe zone, so we hid in an apartment building. We watched through the windows as the police and young privates failed to protect the zone then retreated leaving groups of people behind, including us. The others that had been left behind had joined the inmates or run as fast as they could while being shot at, and no one made it past the corner except for a young boy. Sadly, the boys’ parents next to him didn’t make it like their little boy did.
The next morning, we had planned to get back to the safe zone by going through the alleys and back ways to the safe zone. We also decided to try to get any guns they have left from the gun store across the street before we start our dangerous journey to the safe zone. We had one hour before the sun came up, and James stayed behind to watch our backs. As we started going, it was clear, and we got into the store as quickly as possible and searched for any kind of guns they had. Ben had found a hunting rifle for James and two unknown automatic rifles, and I had found three military knifes.
Then James said, “Hurry up! There are three guys coming your way. Exit through the back door.”  We barely made it out and across the street back to the apartments without being seen. I handed James and Ben the unknown automatic weapons, and I had the hunting rifle. So we packed up, went over the directions, and were to meet up if we got split up. Then we went on our dangerous journey back to the safe zone.
We went through the alleys as much as possible passing many innocent bodies on the way. Trying not to look, we just kept on walking and being careful and looting houses that were unlocked. Then I had suggested going into a tall, blue house that looked empty, but all of the sudden, I had heard a cry from one of the rooms. It was a small child’s cry, and I had to go see who it was. When I got there, it was my neighbor’s son crying, crying for help.
Then I realized it was the boy who had escaped from the thug, so I told him to come with us so he would be safe, and he did. Then we started to move along again, and after an hour, we reached a checkpoint. This time they had real military people guarding the safe zone and planning to go full assault on the prison inmates at noon tomorrow. So we gave them our guns and knives and rested and knew that we were safe. The next day, only half of the team had come back, but they had succeeded even though and they had to use air support to win. Because of the fallen troops, they had won our great city back.