The Xavier Bros. | Teen Ink

The Xavier Bros.

September 6, 2014
By ItsMac BRONZE, Friendswood, Texas
ItsMac BRONZE, Friendswood, Texas
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

 “Carter Xavier! Get up right now it’s time to go!”  Tired and restless a man named Carter Xavier gets up with hesitation at the break of dawn with the rest of his fellow troops dressed and ready to head out.  There was a big war going on at the time and they were winning by a long shot, lead by Carter they were the best of all time and had never once lost a battle.  Carter has a close relative that’s fights alongside him named Ben Xavier.  The “Xavier Brothers” is what they were known by around the world, but they weren’t brothers at all just cousins.  To start off the battle for today they only took a group of ten troops including the Xavier brothers, this was a rather small battle so many troops weren’t needed.  Carter took four with him on the ground and Ben took the others with him up in the trees, Ben was an excellent shot with the long ranged rifle.  He trained every troop that was interested in becoming a sniper, and Carter was a master with ground strategy and specialized in mid and short ranged weapons.  Right from the start Carter anticipated that they would have the cannons right at the edge of the vast forest so he took his squad to the far right side to flank the enemy, and Ben took the left side up in the trees for any enemy troops that would cause problems for Carter.  Ben holds up a fist to symbolize enemy is in sight so they should look sharp and get ready.  As each one of Ben’s squad members looks down their sights, they see three enemy troops patrolling the area.  Ben marks one and two others mark the other two.  Ben counts to three slowly and then gives the signal and before the blink of an eye the three enemy troops are out.  By the time they take those troops out Xavier and his crew has already taken out the troops on the cannons and the troops backing them up.  Before anyone knew it the battle was over that fast.  They all regroup and scan the area for any leftover enemies or Intel then head back to the camp.  Carter and Ben have been many places for battles and just vacations and met many women that the slept with and enjoyed, but there was one woman that Carter met in their last battle.  Her name was Linda and she was beautiful with jet black, thick, and curly hair.  Linda took Carter by surprise and he fell for her, so to keep in touch they sent letters while he was away every day.  One day Carter asked their mail carrier had there been any letters for him since he hadn’t heard from Linda in almost a month.  As usual the answer was no and Carter would worry more each time he asked.  Ben would help him keep calm and keep Carter’s mind on track in each battle they had.  Another month passed since Xavier heard from Linda and he began to worry even more.  The Xavier Brothers were out training new troops getting them ready for the battle two days from now, but Carter returned to the camp early due to a slight sprain on his ankle.  Carter saw an open letter on Ben’s bed so he went to fold it up for him, but as he does he happens to see it is from Linda so he begins reading eagerly.  After reading Carter is immediately filled with anger, apparently Linda and Ben have been sending letters to each other for a month and a half.  Linda was using Carter to get to Ben the whole time and had no feelings for Carter at all.  Carter put the letter away in Ben’s pillow case and he went for a walk to clear his head without telling anyone.  A few hours passed and Carter returns to see everyone gathered talking about him because they didn’t know his whereabouts.  Ben runs to Carter telling him they were worried and looking for him, but Carter just gave him the cold shoulder and went to his bed to sleep.  The next day everyone is doing last minute preparations for the battle tomorrow.  The day was coming to an end and Carter hadn’t said a single word to anyone all day, this left everyone wondering what was going on.  Another early night for Carter as he went to bed without a word, but everyone else stayed up talking trying to figure out what was wrong with Carter.  Morning rolled in and everyone was up and ready, they had a lot of ground to cover today before getting to the enemies area.  Today’s battle would be a stealth mission; this meant the Xavier Brothers would go alone to the enemy territory.  As they close in on enemy territory Carter crouches and sneaks around a building with Ben right behind him.  They crept inside taking out everyone one by one without being detected a single time, but Carter was still highly upset with Ben.  They get to the room they need to be in and grab the Intel on the enemy’s’ next location, and they start to head toward the exit.  Carter spots an enemy they left behind around the corner, but driven by anger and rage he tells his brother to lead the way.  Ben being unaware of the guy around the corner walks out in the open with his guard down and is instantly shot down and killed. Carter rushes around the corner and takes the guy out. He stares at Ben’s dead body and has no look of regret in his eyes; he grabs Ben’s dog tags and returns to the camp to tell everyone the news.  They held a funeral for him and buried his body, but after all this Carter was not upset at all he was quite happy.  Two days after the funeral a letter comes in for Ben so Carter opens it up and sees it is from Linda.  After reading Carter instantly bursts into tears and drops to his knees.  Linda told Ben she was a spy for her husband who was an enemy for the Xavier Brothers, and that her plan to break up the Xavier Brothers worked perfectly.  After that day there wasn’t a single battle won for Carter and his men, and after a year had passed Carter was killed in battle and buried next to his brother Ben.


The author's comments:
This was just something I thought of one day so I wrote about it. It shows how family should always be first, and that everything is not how it seems.