keep running | Teen Ink

keep running

By jazz28 BRONZE, Pershore, Other
jazz28 BRONZE, Pershore, Other

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”
― Bernard M. Baruch

Run! I have to run, I thought
I ran I ran from the monster behind me in fact I’ve been running for more than four years now since the demons killed my family in front of me I was so little but I remember it all the screams and the blood and all I could do was whack everything I loved be killed or destroyed and I keep running when they wanted me to be like them a blood thirst monster. When that plan failed they moved on to plan B they are tired of letting me live if they cannot turn me it to one of them so it is time to silence me. Permanently.
Come on run! I shouted to my self
 In the dead silence of the woods I heard a heavy foot full behind me much to close for my likely. Also too heavy to be a vampire; most likely a Lycan or something of that kind or a rather inexperienced demon at that. I forced my legs to go faster, trying desperately to gain as much ground as possible  
Too close to close faster damn it!
I felt his hot breathe on the back of my neck making me want to throw up but I know that is not possible if I stop I am dead so I ran faster I felt him try to grip my arm but I gained a foot just quick enough to escape. I pushed my feet even faster and harder. The demon was in front of me now. I skidded to a halt turned around and ran in the opposite direction
Forget running hide!
I slid around a corner, hiding in the tight space as the monster ran right past. Whatever the thing was he was new at this. I could tell by his quick, jerky movements. He hadn’t found his coordination or speed yet.
“Come out come out where ever you are” he shouted
In your dreams

In the silence all I can hear is my heart beating and my breath coming faster and faster as I try to steady my heart knowing the thing could hear it but apparently my body had other ideas. I looked at the door that I’d come in through but I’d never be able to make it that far before it got me. Even a lower level thing such as it would be faster than me on open ground
“Oh little mortal, why don’t you come out and play?” he taunted.
 I looked around on the ground hoping to find something to help me escape thankfully Luck was on my side for once and I found a huge metal pipe lying there right next to me. I picked it up quietly and lay in wait for it to walk by.  As it did I swung out at it catching it right in the fore head. It fell backwards with a thump long enough for me to make it out into the sunlight where it couldn’t follow me.
I made it out alive or at least for the most part thank god. To say I was unharmed would’ve been like saying the sun rose in the west but that was the usual result. I had some pretty nasty cuts and those were just the parts that weren’t hidden under clothes. As usual, I would be rather sore when I tried to lie down but at least I was alive to do it.
Going out in public for me was practically a death wish. Sure I’d have a chance to wash up and get some clean clothes  but believe it or not evil creatures of the night can watch TV too and I imagine that if I were to show up at some hospital looking like I did I was bound to get publicized big time. I shuddered imagining the headlines and if I were to tell anyone what has happened I would be put in a mental ward. And would not be able to get away from the demons I would be like a sitting duck. I continued to run even after I’d left the thing in the dust because in a life such as mine you never know what my get you. I am now 16 years old still alive and running soon I will fight back but for now I will keep running and fight another day.