Hitman | Teen Ink

Hitman

August 13, 2014
By Pierced_Sirens BRONZE, Methuen, Massachusetts
Pierced_Sirens BRONZE, Methuen, Massachusetts
3 articles 0 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
“We are chained to this life by a chain of gold, and we dare not sever it for fear of what lies beyond the drop.”
― Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Prince


No one could console the patient at the asylum. His flippant, pugnacious, behavior could not be fixed. Tony became the worst patient in the institute because of all of his liabilities. Tony had a personality hidden to even him that is sterling.

“Tony, what’s with your surly behavior?” the nurse asked Tony.

And so Tony began his incessant screaming as he ran out the door to find a reprieve from the little asylum he spent everyday of his life in for 5 years.Tony couldn’t remember how to act in the world, he only knew how to use his military skills to do the dirty work for anybody. He was on his way to his old gang.

Tony had been sane until all of the blood on his hands got to him. He decided murdering was better than staying in the New York Mental Institute. When Tony arrived at his old gang’s hangout area he asked for his old job back.

“Please, Jack I want my job back!” he screamed hysterically.

“Okay, Tony, you don’t need to beg, you were the best hitman we’ve ever had.”

After Tony was reinstated in the gang he was sent on his first assignment after he gave him a gun, a knife and a suit. Tony’s first assignment was to kill a 25 year old woman who didn’t pay her dues to the drug dealers in their gang.

When Tony arrived at her apartment he was surprised to see who his assignment was.
“Jane?”
“Tony?”

When he saw his wife he pushed her against the wall, pulled out his gun, and raised it to her head as the gun shook in his hands.

“Tony, what are you doing, why are you out of the mental institute? why are you pointing that gun at me?”

“Jane,” he started to say as tears fell down his face like a waterfall, “I have to kill you.”
“No, Tony, please, we could get back together, I’m sorry I sent you to the institute,” she said crying hysterically.

“I’m sorry Jane, I’m so sorry, I have to.”

Tony pulled the trigger and sank to the ground defeated. As he looked at the gun in his hand he thought of what he had just done. He raised the gun to his forehead, looked at his wife one last time, raised the gun to his head and pulled the trigger.