The Anthony Files Part 1 | Teen Ink

The Anthony Files Part 1

By Markus2199 BRONZE, Hampurg, New York
Markus2199 BRONZE, Hampurg, New York

I reject reality and substitute my own. (Adam Savage)

One

The clock ticked slowly as sweat was beading on his forehead. The interrogation room looked fresh and new. The walls of glass looked like mirrors on the inside. But, he knew they were staring at him, examining him for the slightest crack. He wasn’t about to give in, not yet. He’s been through too much. His father was dead and his mother was gone, possibly dead. The thought of his father laying dead in a pool of blood struck him like a freight train. He couldn’t cry, the men would be watching for that. The room’s temperature was rising faster. He could feel his body release another bout of sweat. He needed water and fast.

The doorknob started to move and shake as the man in the grey suit walked in. The man’s icy glare told him he hadn’t found anything else. The man threw a file folder onto the table with a smack against the desk. The man opened the folder and inside was a picture of him. The man spoke “Anthony, do you know what is in this file.” Anthony froze his breathing began to pick up pace. “Oh, so you do know what’s in this file,” The man in the grey suit put his hand on Anthony’s shoulder “now Anthony all we want is a confession.”
“I did not kill my father! You and your agent friends obviously do not speak my language! The man who killed my father is still out there, my mother is missing! Please let me go.” His anger could be heard in his voice. He was trembling from the outburst. Anthony stood and shook the man’s hand off of his shoulder.

The door opened again, the first thing Anthony saw was a pistol, trained on him. A voice spoke but Anthony being too focused on the gun didn’t notice. Regaining his wits Anthony widened his focus to the man holding the pistol. The man in the black suit was shouting something. The blood flowing through his ears stopped him from hearing though. The voice of the man in the black suit finally penetrated.

“You need to sit down, now!” he moved towards Anthony but something stopped him.

Anthony looked back to see the man in the grey suit with his hand raised. “Let him go.” The words shocked Anthony. The man in the grey suit said that with so much force but Anthony paid no mind to it.
He left the room and collected his phone from the desk outside. He walked out the front of the station, the halls and desks were void of people. Anthony walked out of the front door and stopped in his tracks. Where could he go? He looked at the street sign and saw that he was on Main Street. He stood only an hour away from his girlfriend’s house. He unlocked his phone and scrolled to her contact picture. He hit the phone icon and waited “Hey Ann.”

I'm hoping to make more of this I would really love feedback. I hope you like this.

on Aug. 7 2014 at 12:51 am
Athena19 SILVER, Central Point, Oregon

'Love people. Cook them tasty food.' -Penzey's Spices

Wow this is really exciting! I loved the use of flashback to tell a little bit of the past without giving too much away. I would definitely read more if you wrote it!