Sith Lord Lightning vs Jedi Master Cortana | Teen Ink

Sith Lord Lightning vs Jedi Master Cortana

June 3, 2014
By Master_Dylan_Bishop GOLD, Beaumont, California
Master_Dylan_Bishop GOLD, Beaumont, California
13 articles 0 photos 6 comments

Favorite Quote:
"If I had a flower for every time I thought of you...I could walk through my garden forever.” ― Alfred Tennyson


I slowly walked down the cold hallway of the Jedi temple, my blood was boiling and I was desperate for a fight… Cortana was my sixth target, he was here; I sensed his presence. Soon enough, he made it clear he was ready to fight. I heard the sound of a sticky grenade going off; I peered to my right and saw an enormous pillar falling towards me. I quickly rolled to my left and vanished in the dust as the enormous pillar came crashing down right beside me. The dust soon cleared and I came face to face with my target: Cortana. He aimed a blaster right in my face, his index finger twitching nervously as he was ready to fire. “Cortana…” I muttered, staring coldly into his eyes. “Lightning…” He spoke with disappointed tone. I didn’t care for talking; I came to kill him and that’s exactly what I was going to do. In the blink of an eye; I grabbed his blaster and twisted it out of his grip. I went for a quick kill and aimed right between the eyes but when I pulled the trigger… I realized that in my quick disarm; I managed to jam the blaster. Cortana laughed under his breath before he received a devastating kick to the gut as I grew angry. I dropped the puny blaster and pulled out my two blades, ready to end this. Cortana pulled out his short blade lightsabers and lunged at me. I blocked but my blades could only hold for two seconds before being cut in half by Cortana’s lightsabers. I clenched my fists in anger and screamed through the force, Cortana flew back about ten feet as a shock wave hit him. I grabbed a pillar chunk with the force and chucked it at Cortana; he managed to dodge the chunk but lost one of his lightsabers in the process. He dove behind another pillar as I threw two more chunks at him, he sneaked away but I had no clue. I pulled out a lightsaber and slowly walked towards Cortana’s hiding spot; I crept around the corner and pounced. But he smiled in the distance as he pressed a detonator, setting off an explosive grenade. I barely covered myself with a force shield; the explosion knocked me back into a marble wall. I fell flat on my face and struggled to stand as the impact had affected me greatly. Cortana walked up to me, blaster drawn and finger ready to pull the trigger. “I never thought this would happen, Lightning. You were a great friend…” He spoke with a sigh. I slowly looked up at him and spoke, “Y-You… You were a horrible friend.” I pulled a dagger out and stabbed his right knee; he fell into a crouching position as the knife impaled his right knee. I smacked the blaster away right as Cortana fired, the shot nearly burning my right ear. I sent a devastating uppercut to his jaw, knocking him down on his back. I stood up and pulled out my lightsaber, “This is where you die!” I screamed as I raised my lightsaber. Cortana quickly took a cheap shot to my groin and smacked a sticky grenade on my chest. I dropped my lightsaber and grabbed the sticky grenade; I formed lightning around my hand and burned my skin off my chest. The sticky grenade fell off with my dead skin; I brought my right foot back and kick the sticky grenade far off. “You have truly gone insane, my old friend.” Cortana spoke in disbelief. I looked down at Cortana and picked him up by the throat with the force, choking the life out of him. “Cortana, you were my friend! You did nothing when the Jedi betrayed me!” I yelled with rage. “I-I… They never- betray-betrayed you, Lightning.” He barely was able to get the words out as he grasped for air. I dropped him to his knees and pulled out two lightsabers, both at his neck. “YOU’RE LYING TO ME! VADER SAID THEY ALL BETRAYED ME! YOU WERE ONE OF THEM!” I yelled in a murderous rage. Cortana looked up at his former friend, “We never betrayed you…” He spoke as he desperately tried to show me the right way. I screamed & threw down my lightsabers; I ripped the knife out of his knee and stabbed into his gut. I pushed him against a wall and pushed the dagger in farther. “YOU BETRAYED ME!” I screamed. “NO! THE DARK SIDE IS TWISTING YOUR MIND!” Cortana screamed as he pushed me back. Cortana temporarily blinded me with the force. He limped away and got out of the Jedi temple, heading for his hover car. My vision came back and I quickly followed the trail of blood, Cortana would die and there was no doubt about that. I bolted around the corner and saw Cortana climbing into his hover car, “CORTANA!” I screamed in a murderous rage. I sent lightning towards his hover car, damaging the controls so he couldn’t get away. Cortana jumped back as lightning destroyed his controls, “Lightning… You have so much hatred, what happened to you? What happened when your master died, what did the Sith do to you?!” He asked with concern. “The Sith helped me to see who the enemy truly was… I had been with the Jedi for so long, they lied to me for all these years. But now, I get my revenge… My old friends and teachers will die because they all betrayed me!” I replied in anger. “No one ever betrayed you! The Sith is lying to you, Darth Vader killed your master! He is twisting your mind around; making you believe the Jedi is the enemy!” Cortana tried to reason with me. “NO! YOU ARE LYING! CORTANA, YOU USED TO BE MY FRIEND BUT NOW YOU SHALL DIE!” I yelled as all my rage built up and formed lightning up my arms and to my hands; I sent out a huge bolt of lightning, killing Cortana instantly.


The author's comments:
I intended to write a whole story taking place in the Star Wars universe. This is one battle I wrote but I'm not sure if I'll ever continue the story. Let me know if I should! I would plan on it being a very brutal and action packed story of a (now former) Jedi Master betrayed by his fellow Jedi, so he becomes known as Lightning and turns to the dark side of the force as he hunts down every Jedi Master that taught him his ways.