The Adventures of a Rainbow Unicorn Named Brad | Teen Ink

The Adventures of a Rainbow Unicorn Named Brad

By Tghermione19 SILVER, Normal Hieghts, California
Tghermione19 SILVER, Normal Hieghts, California

Once upon a time there was a unicorn his name was Brad. Brad wasn’t the your typical, everyday unicorn, he was a magical rainbow Unicorn.
Every night he would go into a little boy or girls dreams (that is why some people dream of unicorns) and he would frolic and play around in your dream land until 8:00 a.m., because that’s when most children wake up and get ready for school.

Brad hated when children woke up to go to school, so that day he thought of making school disappear.

Brad took a journey to go and see Mother Nature. (It was about a two to four hour trip.)

But when Brad was halfway to Mother Nature’s house he ran out of Rainbow Magic. So Brad trotted around looking for a Rainbow to sit on so he could regain his Rainbow Magic.

After about five hours Brad had found a beautiful Rainbow so he drank the Rainbow. ( that is why Rainbows disappear from the sky) So after about 30 minutes after drinking the Rainbow he regained his Rainbow Magic. So he left to go to Mother Nature’s house.

Brad was almost to Mother Nature’s house when suddenly another Unicorn appeared.

“Excuse me I am on my way to see Mother Nature” Brad said.

“Well then you will have to wait in line like the rest of us” the other Unicorn said
So a few hours past,then a few more hours, then more, and more, and more, and more, until finally Brad was first was first in line.
He waited for 40 minutes until the Unicorn in front of him came out of Mother Nature’s house crying.

“Next” Mother Nature called to the next person in line.

That’s me Brad thought to himself. He ran inside the house knocking down everything in his way.

When he got to Mother Nature’s room he stopped and looked behind him he saw everything he had just knocked down.

So Brad spent about three hours picking up his mess. First he picked up all the tables he knocked over. Then he picked up all the chairs he knocked over and set them back in their correct place. After that he swept up all the glass and put it in the trash can. While he was doing that he also picked up all the flowers that he knocked onto the floor and put them into new vases, and since Brad was so nice he put all the flowers back onto the tables.

When he was completely done he went back to mother nature’s room and apologized.

“I am so sorry Mother Nature I didn’t mean to knock all your belongings onto the floor” Brad said.
“It’s no big deal” Mother Nature replied.

“So what have you come to ask for Brad” Mother Nature asked?

“I have come to ask for a favor can you make school disappear so children don’t have to wake up, so I can play around in their dream’s all day, and night” Brad asked?
“No you see Brad school helps children learn, and makes them think school is a good thing” Mother Nature said.

“Oh I never knew that” Brad said, “I thought school takes kids and make them stop sleeping, so that I can’t play in their dreamland’s”
“Oh Brad no one would ever try to do that to you no one even knows you are a real living thing” Mother Nature explained.

After a long conversation with Mother Nature Brad finally understood the real story about what school does to children. He now knew that school helps children to learn and become mature adults.

So Brad carried on his life playing around children’s dreamland’s. And never tried to do anything to hurt school ever again.

I wrote this piece when I was in 7th grade.

on Apr. 7 2014 at 5:17 pm
Please comment I would love to hear your feedback .