The New Generation- Chapter one: The First Strike | Teen Ink

The New Generation- Chapter one: The First Strike

July 25, 2013
By Claire_baller PLATINUM, Platteville, Wisconsin
Claire_baller PLATINUM, Platteville, Wisconsin
40 articles 0 photos 11 comments

Favorite Quote:
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have left.
I Don't need easy, I just need possible.
10% luck 20% skill 15% concentrated power of will 5% pleasure 15% game and 100% reason to remember the name!


A smile creeps on my face as I watch the chaos bloom in frount of me spreading like a disease. But it is anything but. What I said is the truth and there was no way I am taking it back.
People will talk about this. I can already see it. Their faces will contort in a mixture of rage and hate until confusion starts to burrow in their concious mind then spreading until doubt takes its shape.
They will not beleive at first and I do not blame them. How can they after all? I did not when I first caught the stench of possible corruption. But when it was comfirmed I did not hesitate to strike like a cobra at its prey.
Of course the government is not the prey. No, that would be too easy. No, you strike them where it will really hurt. where things can not be easily covered up with just a few dollar signs and zeros.
You strike the people. In a way that is so unbelivibly unexspected and unethnical you can't help but take notice.
The next generation. The kids. Or more the teenagers. They are already rebellious against adults, now I am giving them something to rebel against. Something that needs to be fought-
I feel a body slam into mine taking me to the hard wooden floor.
-because I can't.
I hear shouts from the agent on top of me as he barks out orders to the other 'suits'.
I pay no attention as i feel a headche making its painful trail through my skull leaving me slightly dazed.
I can feel my instintics scream at me to run, defend myself, anything. But that was not the plan.
It took mounths to plan this and it is going to end the way I want it to. Even if I am not entirely kneen on it.
I smirk as I am cuffed and yanked off the floor.
'Time for change.'
Before I am lead off the stage I slam my head back and hear a satisfying crack and yell.
I waste no time sprinting the short distance to the micro phone.
"Your turn kids, make me proud!"
"FOR GODS SAKE SOMEONE GET HER!"
I laugh as I am shoved off the stage and into the hall.
Least to say this is where my story ends. I could tell you the greusome details and how much it hurt. But I rather hand the rest of the story to you.
You know what they say. 'Where one story ends... a new one begins.'

(To be continued...)


The author's comments:
Coruption, greed, lies, and death. They have become apart of our daily lives. They are everywhere and we are used to them. But what happens when a secret is set free, on that could tare the nation apart? Its your turn to take over. The new generation.