PART-1 THE ATTACK | Teen Ink

PART-1 THE ATTACK

July 11, 2013
By donald SILVER, Dhaka, Other
donald SILVER, Dhaka, Other
7 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
its only in the dark when you can see the light


Part-1








The attack
The evening illustrated the signs of the gloomy other worlds. There was to be a appalling climate in a little while. The vibrant scenery of the setting sun was utterly enclosed by the haze. A confusion and obscurity had formed in the mood of the other worlds. The clouds raged with thunder and lightning, enlightening the world every so often. The winds howled to confirm that a tempest was in next to no time imminent. The heaven was obliterated with dimness and dreariness as well as brightness.
The Chief Officer stared at the scrutiny from the main deck in his ship. The raging tone and the gloomy mood of the other worlds disgruntled him.
“Your orders, sir,” one of the shipmen asked.
“No ports near?” the Chief Officer inquired.
“I am afraid the answer is no, sir.”
“Then we have no preference but to get to to the eye of the storm,” he continued “sail along with the wind, those are my orders.”
Conferring a bow to the Chief Officer, he took a turn and shouted out, “pull the sail up and travel along the wind with full speed to the eye of the storm.”
The Chief Officer moved to the bowsprit. He perceived the tide in the deep as the vessel streamed in its own means shoving away whatever thing in its line of attack. The Chief Officer had a sensation of pride in him as the possessor of this vast celestial vessel. A pride that was to be ridiculed neither by the mortals nor the gods. A pride that vanquished every figure of trepidation within him. He was immeasurably overcome with that conceit.


The Chief Officer now prowled towards the quarter deck perceiving that all was precise and exact as it should be. Then the ship quivered viciously just the once. The Officer lost his steadiness but regained it by clinging to the main mast of the vessel.
“What on earth was that?” the men in the ship cried out.
“Sir, are we still to travel in your direction,” the captain now came out.
“Sir, I am very uneasy to declare this but it is the only way we can take,” now that the second officer came out.
Another soul of the ship than became manifest from the lower storey.
“Sir the gas turbine has been affected by the tremor and the engineering cadet is already their. The hazard is crucial and the chief engineer wants you to know that it will not be easy to renovate it,” and the man devoid of having any other word went back to his place.
“Let’s go and have a glance at it, shall we officer” the captain inquired.
“Without a doubt we should” the chief officer replied.


They entered the gallery which was on the second storey of the vessel and then through a ladder to the tiller on the third storey and finally to the engine sector.


The gas turbine was there. It was used to drive the generators that then provided electricity to the ship's propeller motors. The steam turbine was attached to it which in turn, recovers heat from the gas turbine's exhaust, which can then be used to produce electricity.


“Sir, the gases are first accelerated using the axial compressor. However the gases also have to be once again slowed so that the pressure and the temperature of the flow is increased. But due to the diverging nozzle or the diffuser, being affected it is not being able to complete the process of isentropic compression and therefore not even the brayton cycle,” here the chief engineer stopped.


Footsteps of hastening down came. Two men. Bleeding.
“Sir, we are under attack” one of them spoke out.
“What type of insanity is this? By whom,” the captain bawled.
“By… by the pirates, sir”
“What??… Pirates… call the deck cadets. What is happening here?”
The troops and the captain as well as the chief rushed to the deck, now armed. The pirates were there in a pack at the forecastle of captain’s ship. The ship of the pirate were near.
It had four masts with frayed sails rigged to each of them. It had a raised forecastle with a narrow bow and therefore was very stable. . It had 70-90 canons loaded and fixed at the ship. Its bowsprit was colossal.
Then a bearded man limped to the forefront of the pack. His clothes were worn to shreds and grubby. He had an evil glint in one of his eyes while the other one was utterly roller blind. He had an infection in his skin and there were scars all over his visage. He had a pistol in his hand, which had a skin blemished with scratches. He wore a hat equally tattered.
“Give us the merchandise and we shall agree to let you go alive,” the man screamed out.
“Not even in our nightmares, filthy pirates,” the officer shouted and shot a bullet in the air and with this the men in the ship screamed out, “we are at war! For this ship!” and there was a yell given before the two converse teams collided and submerged in war.
The war raged on for hours. A lot of blood was spilled. There was a banging of gunshots everywhere. The officer and the captain, unharmed, rushed to the engineering compartment.
“Everything fine here, chief?” the officer asked.
“As a matter of fact, the situation is the contrarary of it” the chief continued “the nozzle cannot be repaired, we must evacuate as soon as possible.”
A man came downstairs and said, “They are going to use the cannons, sir.”
“What… go and ready the cannons now, quick,” the captain ordered.
“No wait. Tell them we surrender and all the goods are in the third compartment and come here as soon as possible with all your men without being seen, now go” The chief ordered. The chief had an arrangement of escaping.
He went to the remote end of the compartment. A door was there.
“An evacuation door, sir” the chief answered reading the two minds beside him.
The chief unbolted it. There was a rope. They could easily swing with it into one of the window of the pirate’s ship.
“Quick, we do not have much time. Do not be seen by the ones who are still there. I will be here to instruct the men.” The chief said.
One by one the two entered the window with some difficulty. The two with full caution moved from one room to the other. They entered the dining room of the pirates. Two men lay on the level. It was as if they were stabbed. The captain and the officer just passed by without uttering a word. They held their pistols tightly in hand. Suddenly they were gripped by the collars and smashed into the floor. The pistol fell out of their hands. They were tied. Now what? They were caught!
“What do yo think we should do with these two Robert?”
“Drown them, suffocate them or shoot them”
“Aye, but what do you think would be the most handsome way for a pirate to kill anyone”
“Mm, make them walk along a plank.”
“Aye”
They held the officer and the captain by the collars and were about to take them when they were both shot.
“I hope we are not too late, officer”
It was the chief and all the men.
“Well if you would have been here a little earlier it would have been quite much forgivable,” the officer said.
“Indeed sir, now men, for the final blow go to your posts.”
Boom, boom, bang! Cannons were being shot at the captain’s ship where the enemies were. The whole ship drowned along with them all.
“But the merchandise!” the captain shouted.
“Sir you are forgetting that it is a pirate’s ship which has ten times more valuable merchandise than we have,” the chief assured.
“You should be the captain, my dear friend,” the captain continued, “I should also tell you that I am just joking for I would then be jobless if I gave you my position”
With this all had a hearty laugh. The whole ship was later examined and things that they could never imagine were found. Pure Gold, silver, diamond, ruby and all kinds of valuable things. They would have turned out to be millionaires!
However they did not discern what was drawing closer to them and how many lives were to be lost in the nights and days that were in next to no time to tag along. The specks in the night sky passed the time like a ghost waiting and gazing at the poised figures that were having castles in the air of being millionaires, who, in reality, were going to perceive the living form of something that they never could witness in their mind's eye, would catch them so terribly which may possibly compel them to give up their own ghost.
imagine were found. Pure Gold, silver, diamond, ruby and all kinds of valuable things. They would have turned out to be millionaires!
However they did not discern what was drawing closer to them and how many lives were to be lost in the nights and days that were in next to no time to tag along. The specks in the night sky passed the time like a ghost waiting and gazing at the poised figures that were having castles in the air of being millionaires, who, in reality, were going to perceive the living form of something that they never could witness in their mind's eye, would catch them so terribly which may possibly compel them to give up their own ghost.


The author's comments:
THIS IS PART OF MY SHORT BOOK. I HOPE EVERYONE ENJOYS IT.