Jack and Jill | Teen Ink

Jack and Jill

By LeniHalaapiapi BRONZE, Nooksack, Washington
LeniHalaapiapi BRONZE, Nooksack, Washington

Now, you may know the false fairytale of Jack and Jill, but what I am about to tell you is the actual story of what happened that horrible day when Jack fell down. I should know, I was there…

If you don’t know how the story went, this is how it goes:
Jack and Jill went up the hill to fetch a pail of water
Jack fell down and broke his crown
And Jill came tumbling after.
Up Jack got, and home did trot
As fast as he could caper
He went to bed and bound his head
With vinegar and brown paper.

Jack and Jill were royalty. Jack was a prince, and Jill was a princess. If you thought that they were little kids that were brother and sister, I am glad to say that you were sorely mistaken. Jack and Jill were actually sixteen year old teenagers who had terrible crushes on each other, but their families forbade them from being together. This was because of the families’ pasts. There was much bloodshed between them, fighting over who owns the land in between the two kingdoms.
To the South was the Black kingdom and to the North was the White kingdom, and surrounding both kingdoms were the ocean, in which they called The Blue. In between the two kingdoms was a hill called The Grey. The Grey is where all the blood was shed. The Grey is where all the wars occurred. Both kingdoms were the same in every way. Surrounding each of the kingdoms were castle walls, and the royal family lived in the castle. Around the castle was the village where the townspeople lived. The whole kingdom was surrounded by the castle wall, and the only way to get in and out of the kingdom was through the castle gate.
Jack was the prince of the Black kingdom. His father’s name was Serious, and his mother’s name was Helvetica. They were the king and queen. Jack also had an older brother who was 18, his name was Jet. The royal family consisted of the four, Jack Black, Jet Black, Serious Black, and Helvetica Black. All of the townspeople loved them very much and would do anything to please them.
Jill was the princess of the White kingdom. Her father’s name was Bright, and her mother’s name was Majestic. They were the king and queen. Jill also had an older sister who was 18, her name was Snow. The royal family consisted of the four, Jill White, Snow White, Bright White, and Majestic White. All of the townspeople loved them very much and would do anything to please them.
Our story begins with Jacks father lying in bed, he is ill, and he needs his sons to lead the army into battle.
“Sons, come here”, the king says in a wispy, out of breath tone.
“Yes father”, Jack and Jet say simultaneously.
The king starts, “I need you to take the troops into battle”, but then he stops to take a breath and continues, “Stop the Whites from further advancing onto The Grey.”
“We will father”, they both say.
“Let’s go!” Jet says to Jack, and out they go to rally the troops.
Meanwhile, back in the White kingdom, Jill and Snow were rallying their troops, getting ready for another attack. In the White kingdom, Queen Majestic was the commander of the army, but she had gone shopping that day so she told Jill and Snow to take care of it.
“Alright men!” Snow exclaimed to the soldiers, “Today we are going to march straight up that hill, and take what is rightfully ours!”
“Yahhhhhhhhh!” the men started clamoring and chanting. This was war.

The retelling of a classic.