The Grim Reaper

My body is wrecked with pain. I can barely breath within the confines of this dark, filthy room, and when I do exhale it comes out as a horrible wheezing sound.
There's a bag on my head, but I wouldn't have been able to see anything anyway. No light leaks through the stitching of the bag, so I can tell the room I'm tied up in is pitch black.
It all started when I made an attempt to catch the murderer who was constantly plaguing my once peaceful town with death and sadness. Families everywhere grieved over their loved ones, and in a desperate mission to end all this suffering, I wandered straight into the trap of my enemies.
Light floods the room and the bag is yanked off my head, brushing against my bruised nose. I blink for a moment, my dark green eyes trying to adjust to the brightness.
"Well, well, well. If it is Detective Matthew Brown. Welcome to my underground home."
I stare into the cold, dark red eyes of my captor. No one knows his real name, but he refers to himself as the Grim Reaper. He earned the name a few months ago after he massacred several people in the middle of the town, and the name stuck.
He's dressed formally, although I can't think of any formal occasion the man would be invited to. And he wouldn't enjoy any of the food at any of those occasions anyway; I'll bet he only eats the blood and organs of his unfortunate victims.
He scans me one more time with his watchful, hawk-like eyes. "You've certainly been through a lot."
For once I have to agree with the vile maniac. My clothes are stained with blood from the wounds that were inflicted on me earlier. I think some of them may still be bleeding. My light brown hair is covered with dirt, along with the rest of my bruised face. A long, grisly gash runs down from just behind my ear to just above my neck from when one of Grim's henchmen tried to slice me apart, piece by piece.
I look up at Grim. That's my nickname for him; I don't like to say the full name since I hate to think about him most of the time. The mere thought of this man sends a chill down my spine and a pulsating sensation of anger up to my brain. Now I'm as angry as ever, and I just wanted to rip through the ropes that are binding me to the chair and slaughter the man. I don't care anymore; I just want him dead. He deserves to die for everything he's done.
In answer to Grim's question, I let out a chuckle. "Yeah, you certainly have been through a lot, too. I mean, you must be pretty busy, killing people all the time."
Before I can think, Grim punches me in the jaw, and for a moment my jaw hangs limp, threatening to break apart any moment. The pain is absolutely terrible.
Grim wipes his hand across his murderously gleeful face. "You of all people should know not to mess with me, Brown. You're a foolish man, incapable of even preparing a single plan properly."
"Well, who says you are any better?" I ask.
Before he can answer, I stand up the chair I'm tied to and slam my head against his. He stumbles back in surprise. I use this moment to whirl around and hit him once again, this time with the chair legs.
The chair leg hits him square in the neck, and then moves up to his jaw, and finally crashes into his nose. Blood spews from his broken face.
I run towards the door as Grim's henchmen all pull out their pistols and fire at me. I hear the bullets flying from their gun with loud booms. I feel one skim across my shoulder, slicing through my shirt and my skin, leaving a bloodied gash. But fortunately, most of the bullets slam into the back of the chair.
I charge down the staircase and leave the isolated warehouse where Grim relishes in his murders. The chair tied to my back slows me down as I run through the night, but st least I'm away from that horrible man.
And I managed to disfigure his face.
And although I may not have given him the fate he really deserves, I will someday.
I know I will.

Emiri-Neff said...
Nov. 29, 2011 at 9:52 am:
Is there another story that leads up to this? I'd like to read it, if there is. It would be interesting to have an account of him gathering information about the Grim Reaper and actually being kindapped. I like your writing voice, though.

kingofwritersThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...

What the? Okay, I'm confused. Instead of quotation marks, there are these '&quot' things. :/

kingofwritersThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Nov. 29, 2011 at 2:04 pm :

Thanks! Sorry, there isn't another story leading up to this. I thought you would pick up the facts on your own that he tried to hunt down the Grim Reaper and he got caught and ended up tied to a chair.

Thanks for the comment! :)

DarkMountain replied...
Jan. 4, 2012 at 8:54 pm :
I like the story! Reminds me a bit of that Alex Rider series, I forget the author. PS, I've had the same issue with the """ things with work I've posted- I think they go away after a day or two. :-)

Jan. 7, 2012 at 6:20 am :
I think the author is Anthony Horowitz; I'm reading the fourth book in the Alex Rider series right now! Thanks for the comment!

Matt C. This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Mar. 29, 2012 at 11:47 pm :
The Alex Rider series is awesome I think your work is too! That is why I ask for you to join tje Literacy Club a club all about reading,writing,and drawing! You can find our forum on here called Literacy Club and visit us on tha TelesisLiterclubja blog!

Apr. 7, 2012 at 9:59 pm :
Sorry it took so long to reply; I just got back from spring vacation. I'd definitely like to join the Literary Club, but I'd have to ask my parents. I'll tell you when I know whether or not I can join! Thanks for commenting on my work! :)