Fireflies--Chapter III

STORM
My sister is awake, there is no doubt. I hear no heavy breathing at my side. But I know she’s thinking-I won’t disturb her.
“Storm, go to sleep.” Fel’s voice says.
“You’re very perceptive, Fel.”
“Um, actually, I heard you mutter “I won’t disturb her.”
Crap. Thinking out loud again.
“Storm, GO TO SLEEP. Let me have some privacy.”
“Fine, fine.”
I know that she’s serious, and that I am very sleepy.
I settle down, and blackness claims me.

*
*
*
The next morning, I wake up because Fel is making breakfast, and in the process “accidentally” flinging large amounts of boiling water at me.
“Ow! Fel, I’m awake! Stop it!”
“Good.” Fel replies. “I was about to start using boiling Spaghetti-O’s.”
“Speaking of Spaghetti-O’s, we’re almost out of canned food, and we need to work on our cave today.”
Me and Fel have been working on a new home so we don’t have to sleep in a tree any longer. It’s a cave that we’re digging in a hillside, currently only about thirteen feet long and six feet tall. But we’re making good progress.
“What do Spaghetti-O’s have to do with our cave?”
“I meant, “speaking of Spaghetti-O’s, we’re almost out of canned food”. I just added the cave thing.” I snort, laughing lightly.
“Fine then. We’ll get some after lunch today.” Fel says.

* * *
After a short breakfast of... go on, guess...Spaghetti-O’s, I sit down on my sleeping bag and grab my copy of Maximum Ride and dig in. It’s a good book. And it reminds me of us, except the flock’s luck sucks even more than ours. Finally, somebody worse off than me and Fel.
Plus, Max just totally whoops butt.

writerfreak21231This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
LOVED LOVED LOVED IT!!!! AWESOME JOB!!! AND ON TOP OF THAT!!!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE MAXIUM RIDE BOOKS AS WELL!!!!!!! :)(:

Fangstorm_The_Vampire replied...
Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:54 pm :
Yay thanks!

writerfreak21231This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Aug. 24, 2011 at 9:45 am :
yeah sure! Ur really good! U could get this published!!!! Keep writing! Ur future looks bright!!!! :)(:

DarkPandaAngel said...
Jun. 18, 2011 at 8:04 pm:

Awesome chapter. I really liked the "I wake up becasue Fel is making breakfast, and inthe process 'acidentally' flinging large amouts of boiling water at me."

By the way I really like the Maxium Ride books too.

Great chapter! I am looking forward to more. :)

Fangstorm_The_Vampire replied...
Jun. 25, 2011 at 11:13 am :
Thank you! Chapter IV is on its way!