Running with wolves | Teen Ink

Running with wolves

March 29, 2011
By Jesse-Marie- PLATINUM, Freehold, New Jersey
Jesse-Marie- PLATINUM, Freehold, New Jersey
46 articles 0 photos 9 comments

Favorite Quote:
"To love is to live. Without love, what is life?"


A cold, bone chilling breeze swept across my nose as I exhaled a cloud. The warm cloud of air slipped through my grasp and continued up towards the light sky. I sighed and sat down in the snow. Warmed by my coat, everything was as it should be. Alaska's winter was in full effect. The dry winter air slowly moved closer to me and I sighed deeply. The cracking of twigs rang through my ears and I turned around quickly.

The snarl surprised me and I reared back. Our eyes locked and I soon realized who it was. "Go back to the pack," They barked. "Never!" I snarled back. I turned to face the frozen creek and looked down. The ice was frozen solid, maybe it was able to hold my weight....

A low grumble came from the pack leader's belly. I sighed and licked my paws. Being the only girl in the pack had it's challenges.

I turned around and came face to face with a scared face. I reluctantly walked back towards my group and snarled. Our leader nipped at my behind and I yelped quietly. I ran for the comfort of Nick, my true love. He nuzzled me and I sat with him. We cuddled up and avoided the sudden breeze. The light of day faded and it soon became darker out. As night drew closer, we ran for the cover of the trees. We ran together, running with wolves.