Kal and Val Prologue | Teen Ink

Kal and Val Prologue

March 10, 2011
By MadMaxRider BRONZE, Fultonville, New York
MadMaxRider BRONZE, Fultonville, New York
1 article 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
Justice Will Prevail: L desu noto


Run, run you fool! I thought to myself as a bullet whizzed by my ear. I turned fully around to face the men shooting at me. They went to fire another round at me again. I grinned as I transported back. I was finally home.
“Yo Kal!” I yelled at the top of my lungs. No response. I shut the door behind me and walked into the dining room where I found Kal asleep with one of his STUPID Harry Potter books. I slapped him in the back of the head to wake him up and went to get some orange juice and walked back in.

By the way my name is Val, short for Valerie yeah, so don’t call me Valerie ever, or I will find you. I have dirty blonde hair with light blue eyes. And for those who care, right now I am wearing my dark blue jeans and my black t-shirt. Kal is my brother. He also has dirty blonde hair but he has dark green eyes. He is always wearing a nice outfit a dressy shirt and dressy pants. He is very intelligent and will be tough and brave only when he needs to be.
Now if there is anything else you need to know about Kal and I is that we are wizards, vampires, and bird/ human things. No we aren’t like all those books like Harry Potter, Twilight, or Maximum Ride. We aren’t fictional with messed up lives, trouble here and there or just love birds. Wizarding in us just means ohh we can utilize magic. Vampire- meat loving part, RAW. And we can only die if a human kills us. Bird-no wings! Because we use magic instead duh! But we do require the light bones in order to run faster. But there is a catch.
I was just four years old when the war started; my dad went out to fight. Humans discovered my kind and said we were the enemies. We murder humans. So they started to kill my kind when all h*** broke loose marking the beginning of the war, the year my brother Kal was born. Kal was only a year old when the war had taken the lives of many adults who had nothing to with the war. We hadn’t heard from out father for eight months after he joined. Soon after mom was murdered, we got a letter stating that our father’s life had also been taken. So for ten long years I had been raising my brother, hiding from the humans trying to kill us. They want the ‘freak’ kids enslaved. I don’t know how many more of my kind exists.
“Where’s the meat?!” Kal asked me. “CR*P! When the humans were chasing me I must have had dropped it…” I said totally upset. “Val… we need to go hunting then…” he said slowly. “Kal, you know that when you’re only eleven years old that you can’t go hunting. We’ll have to settle for the rest of the emergency meat then…” I said unaware of the figure lurking in the dark…

The author's comments:
This is a story that I have been writing that now has been turned into a school project. This is not the full story!