Dead End This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

We sat in a drowsy daze, blowing cool air on each other’s necks. That’s when we heard the jingle. I jumped up, my thighs sticking to the deck, grasping a dollar in my sticky summer hands.

Together we ran, our bare feet slapping against the hot tar of our dead-end street. Seeking refuge in the shadows of leafy trees, the truck whizzed past. That was our game.

Our hair billowed as we ran. I stopped. He had won again. Some days he would let us win, but when he didn’t, the ice cream tasted that much sweeter.

TheDevilsLotus said...
I love the overall description of the story - it really sucks the reader in, and reminds all of us of a day during the summer when we chased after the ice cream man. I can actually feel myself being placed into this setting, and feel myself stepping into the story, which is great. You want to engage your readers. Even though this is short, I think it does well in engaging its audience. Nice job!

callmeike said...
I like this piece because it gives me a nostalgic feeling of running in the summer trying to catch the ice cream man. Pretty short but you added enough detail to give me the full picture of what was happening. Well done. I hope to see more of your work.

dpow18 said...
This is hands down the worst thing ive ever read in my life.

ZxarraThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
If you're going to make a comment like that could you at least back it up? Otherwise it is just pointlessly rude and definitely not constructive criticism. Also, how could this possibly be the worst thing you have ever read? It's beautiful! To the author: this is the sort of nostalgically sweet, descriptive, well-written piece that I spend hours searching for on TeenInk and other similar sites.

Calligraphic said...
Jan. 24, 2012 at 11:44 am
It was really short and sweet, great job!

dpow18 replied...
this is hands down the worst thing ive ever read in my life

Poetry1518 said...
PLEASE DON'T READ THIS. YOU WILL BE KISSED ON THE NEAREST FRIDAY BY THE ONE YOU LOVE. NOW YOU'VE STARTED READING THIS SO DON'T STOP. THIS IS REALLY FREAKY!!! 1)say your name 10 times 2)say your mom's name 5 times 3)say your crush's name 3 times 4)paste this on 4 other posts. if you do this your crush will kiss you on the nearest friday. if you don't do this after reading this you will get bad luck send this to 4 other post in 143 minutes when done press F6 and the name of your crush will a... (more »)

Klammyt This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Stop Spamming.

Arrogent replied...
No one cares. gtfo

Sept. 27, 2012 at 12:13 am
you know what? i do! if people are gonna put a bunch of bs on someone else's work, how do you think that person feels?? it's really annoying, ok?  p.s. your nickname suits you... NOT in a good way, just to clarify 

Def_Leppard_fan120 said...
Dec. 27, 2011 at 3:41 am
Come check out my paper called THE BATTLE

violetharmon said...
Dec. 25, 2011 at 11:17 am
Very charming, I love it.

MyBlue. said...
Awesome! Its' was cute! ;)

AmayaSakaruta said...
Nov. 19, 2011 at 10:14 am
this is a nice drabble, i like it :D please comment/rate on my fiction peice, "Broken glass Mirror" (for lack of better name) thank u!

heather_marie said...
~smile~ i love it:)

speedygirl13 said...
Oct. 28, 2011 at 11:41 am
Wow I like that it was so good.

emilybwrites said...
wow this is fantasticall!!!!!!! please check out my poem "Forgotten Domain" and comment/rate it? thanks:)

paigeturner9 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
love this! I know others are telling you to add to it, but I really think you should keep it short and sweet. 

TheIdiot said...
Its a very descriptive way of telling us you waited then ran to the ice cream. Its very short I saw you should add some other interesting part.

mercebeinyata said...

I kind of wish that you would give us a bit of exposition, but keep up the good work.

Also (sorry to advertise) could everyone please check out my new story called "Purple-face Tom" it is my 1st posted work on this site.