A Necklace of Ice

Edmond stood alone on the hill. His town had been burned and his people had perished. He wished for nothing but his fiancee, Cherie. But she was gone. Killed in the massacre. Edmond was completely alone.
He walked to his house. The one that was supposed to belong to him and Cherie the week after this. He saw a note on the blackened table in the den.

Edmond,
Do not blame yourself for this mess. My blood is not on your hands. You are free now to do as you like. Just take the necklace wherever you are going. It will remind me of you.

Love,

Cherie

Edmond felt hot tears come to his eyes. His beautiful Cherie, gone forever! It was his fault that she had died, no matter what she had thought. The note was enough to tell him that.
He tried to hold back memories, but it didn't work. They flooded over him in an attempt to drown him. Edmond thought of the first time he had met the blonde girl. They had both been nineteen. He was off to be a soldier in six months and she was going to stay in this town. They had worked it out.
Edmond heard soldiers' footsteps outside. He stopped crying and grabbed his fiancee's necklace. Then Edmond went of to fight with a sword made of crystal and a necklace of ice.

Iamhere4u This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 22, 2011 at 9:42 am
Yes really good.

WiseGirl replied...
Jun. 22, 2011 at 10:57 am
Wow thanks :)

--LoveHappens-- said...
Wow thats really great good job.

jonas_chick899 said...
May 23, 2010 at 8:51 am
that was awesomeee!! i loved ur word choice, esp. wen u said: they flooded over him in an attempt to drown him. that was a greatt story

Samantha C. said...
nice, cool

BoneHead3 said...
Insightful

kaseysmom said...
love it....