Prologue | Teen Ink

Prologue

March 28, 2010
By WriterGirl15 BRONZE, Codroy Valley, Other
WriterGirl15 BRONZE, Codroy Valley, Other
2 articles 3 photos 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
when life gives you lemons, you throw them at expensive cars. =P


I could feel the power running through my veins like fire, which kind of makes me laugh, since my powers are centered on fire, among other things.
I was thinking about a couple of different things, like how different my two lives are. How many similarities, how many differences, and how they are both overly stressful, more so than the average teenage girls, in my opinion. On one hand, I live in a small community where the main exports are fish and drama. The life of a teenage girl is excruciating, but I have managed to stay out of most of it. Of course, now that I think about it, might make me stick out a little more than I’d like to. I’ll have to think about that one some more.
On the other hand, being the person who everyone can rely on to be there, the person of whom people are always trying their hardest to figure out, the one who has to stay hidden, for their own sake and the sakes of everyone around them has its ups and downs. Yup, that’s me: the person with two lives and is invisible in both of them.
Exciting.
Although, there are some perks to both lives as well. Being a semi-regular girl (I get a little weird sometimes) means that I do have some friends, a home, those things. Plus, I have the chance to go to college, university, and get a good paying job. Always a bonus.
Those are good perks, but if I had to choose the perks of one life over the other, my “other” life has some good choices too. I get to sneak around, unnoticed by all (my specialty), a large group of people like me, (for what I do, I don’t let them close enough to get to know me), and the magic. Ah, the magic. There are many words to describe it, but the first one that comes to mind is Awesome! And that is all I am going to say on that matter, you’re going to have to find everything else out for yourself. I know that the reason people like me are because of my “abilities”, and I’m okay with that. I would still help people even if everybody wanted nothing to do with me.
The thing abut my two lives is, nobody on the face of the earth knows, not my friends, or even my parents. Nobody! And if that wasn’t hard enough to deal with, I’ve began to remember things. Things about me, weird things, things that have never happened. Or have they? All I know is that I am going to find out; whether I want to or not.
I just want to let you know, that’s all the information I’m giving you, the rest you are going to have to find out for yourself. I have never told anybody this story, anybody who knows it does only because they were there. I am not very good at telling stories, so bear with me.


The author's comments:
this is only the first little bit, i got the first chapter almost done, but i want to see if this is any good first :)