The Others Part 7 | Teen Ink

The Others Part 7

By writerscramp PLATINUM, Green Bay, Wisconsin
writerscramp PLATINUM, Green Bay, Wisconsin

Anyone who says winning isn't everything,
Has won nothing.
``Mia Hamm

I count to three, and Brayden and Kenton sneak out of their room, down the hall. I block my thoughts, and so does Solila. We follow them down the elevator, (Solila and I take the stairs,) and then as they exit, I leap at Brayden’s neck, wrapping my arms around it, tight but not choking tight, bringing him down. That is quite a feat while wrapped in a towel.
“What the…Desiree?!?” Brayden yells as he pitches forward, laughing. “You were right behind us the whole time? And Kenton didn’t know? Wow. I gotta admit, you scared me. That was good. (tries to move my arms, stops, and tries again) Can you let me up now?” he turns to look at me, and I squint my eyes, mainly so he can’t see the mischievous look in them.
“Not until you say you’re sorry.”
“I’m sorry.”
“For what?”
“For overreacting?” he raises an eyebrow.
“You don’t sound sorry.” He starts laughing after I say it, and then tries to move my arms. I stubbornly tighten my grip on my own elbows, into sort of a chokehold.
“Desiree, seriously?”
“As a heart attack.”
“Desiree, I’m sorry for overreacting.” He tries again to get free. “Desiree, come on!”
“No.” I say stubbornly, shaking my head.
“Desiree, come on, please? I know I deserve this, but please? My knee is starting to hurt.”
“Works for me.” I let him get up. As soon as he’s up, he grabs my shoulders and drags/pushes me into the pool room. I struggle as he pushes me through the door.
“BRAYDEN! Stop! Seriously? oh no don’t you DAR--!!!” I hardly have enough time to get out of my towel, much less finish my sentence, before SPLASH! I’m in the pool. I come up gasping for air.
They are all laughing as I climb out of the pool, Brayden especially. I have the perfect idea.
“Come here, I’m sorry, give me a hug.” I open my wet arms to hug him, and then get him all wet too.
“Nuh-uh. No, Desiree, stop!” Both of us laughing, I chase him, and I’m slipping and sliding around the pool. Finally, I see my opportunity. We’re close enough to the edge, and I run into him, and he flies in, while I’m standing safe on the edge. I then push in Solila.
“What was that for?” she sputters.
“Not helping me. AHH!!!!” Kenton pushes me in now.
“That’s for pushing my girlfriend in.” We run around laughing, splashing, until we all have cramps. We sit on a chair dripping wet, the four of us on ONE chair. I start shivering again, and a warm, albeit wet, arm wraps around me…
Time-out. I know that it sounds all hot and steamy, our relationships, but Solila and I are good girls, and Brayden and Kenton aren’t normal boys. So there. No risk-ay businesses going on here! Resume.
So when you’re cold because you’re wet, it doesn’t help when the person trying to warm you up is wet as well. We reach the unanimous decision to head back, shower, and then go out to eat. Then, I think to Kenton that we should just change, quick eat, then shower, because I’m hungry. He laughs out loud and agrees, then passes the message on. We dry off the best we can, and wrap our towels around us.
In the elevator, I begin to shiver again. Brayden leans in the corner and holds me close as he can. I feel Solila’s amusement. And Kenton is oblivious, as usual.

Has won nothing.
``Mia Hamm

Told you! this page act happened and it was funny as no other! lol

you know the drill: previous or post a comment.