The Red Berry | Teen Ink

The Red Berry

April 30, 2019
By Anonymous

There was once about a thousand years ago a little tricky lemur named Ronald.  This lemur loved red berries, so he would just do about anything for them even trick other lemurs.  It didn’t matter how old you were he would still trick you. You could be the oldest lemur with the grey and white hair or you could be the youngest just learning what berries to hunt for.  He had one really good trick that not even the smartest of lemurs would have seen coming. One day Ronald had the greatest trick ever to get the biggest red berry he has ever seen in his long life as the tricky lemur he was.

Ronald saw this big red berry on the biggest bush that he has ever seen.  So as he went to get it, he noticed another lemur running for the same berry. The other lemur ended up getting the berry before Ronald could reach it.  Ronald stopped the lemur from eating it by saying,“I can make you a fair trade.”He then offered the other lemur his own territory. The lemur at first didn’t believe him, so Ronald showed him a brochure dropped by a tourist and it said “Hawaii.”  That was when he knew that he had the other lemur right were he wanted. The other lemur was so convinced about “New Land,” that he waited for Ronald to show him the land that he was promised before he would eat the berry.

Ronald took him to the movie theater and showed him “Hawaii,” which was a background of the new Jumanji movie coming in theaters.  So Ronald told the other lemur that this place was like paradise and he wouldn’t ever want to leave.  So Ronald got the biggest red berry and left the other lemur there and ran all the way back home happier than ever.  


The author's comments:

It's a trickster tale.