Family Terror | Teen Ink

Family Terror

February 4, 2019
By Anonymous

I haven't heard from my mother for days and i started to worry. When I got to her house to see if she was there i realized the the window pane was shattered and the door was unlocked. Stepping over the glass I then saw the water to the sink was still running and everything inside it was still in there. After seeing the scratches on the counter, I went straight to the worse and wondered did my dad finally find her?  And where had he taken her? I immediately called for backup and told them what I have found and they said they would send someone over soon.

Picking up the phone I called my mom for the 7th time to see if she would answer… she didn’t. I have been protecting my mom for years from my father ever since he almost killed her after years of abusing me and her. The police found drag marks in the dirt of my front yard that lead up to tire tracks showing that someone possibly my mom was thrown in the back of a trunk. A couple days of sleepless nights had passed and still no knews.

I was sitting at the ran down kitchen table when I felt a buzz in my pocket , when I looked at the phone my Mom’s name was flashing on the screen so i quickly answered. On the other side of the line was not the person I wanted to hear, it was the voice of heavy breathing smoker... my Dad. He paused and then told me “your never taking her away from me ever again!” I responded saying that I will stop at nothing till he was either locked up or in the ground and then he hung up.

I searched and searched for hours on end to find where he had gone. And that is when he made a mistake of using my moms credit card it showed that she had used it at a local gas station so that's where I went and when I got there I looked at the video tapes and saw the car he was driving. It was his old dark green 1957 chevy Bel Air with a rusted front hood. When I asked the clerk which way they were heading he said north and so I ran to my car and took off trying to catch up.

I spun a bullet between my fingers just thinking about how badly I want to make him pay for the pain he has put us through. And that’s when I saw it his car was in the parking lot of a old hotel off of Highway 32. When I found what room he was in I rushed up the stairs…..that's when I heard a gunshot. I kicked in the door and there he lied my father was on the floor and my mom was holding a gun right at him. I took it from her and hugged her. I was so happy that for now on neither of us had to fear this man anymore, he will never be able to touch me nor her ever again. And that's why that day will always mean so much to me .