Concord | Teen Ink

Concord

One day I was with my friend Tony and I was staying the night over his house and we were playing video games in his basement and we were playing against each other on NBA2K19 and he was wining, as always. We then got bored and we started to play board games and it was this new board game that he bought, it was called Concord. It looked really strange and creepy, we then started playing and he said he got it from a garage sell. was like Monopoly but it weird and cool looking, and it was his first time playing it so we did not know how to play.

We both then started feeling a cold breeze, but the air was not on and it was over 100 degrees outside, so it was weird that we both felt it. We then went to sleep before even playing the new board game. The next morning we had school and we were planning on ditching the entire school day. And my mom was in vacation in Mexico and Tony’s mom was in the kitchen making breakfast for us both. We then ate our pancakes and then waited outside for the bus. The bus then picked us up and drove us to school.

We then got to school and instead of going inside, we turned back and opened the door and started walking back home, Tony’s mom said she was going to her friends house so we were okay to ditch. We were thirsty because it is a long walk home, so we went to a local liquor store and we bought water and snacks for the day since we were ditching. We then saw the board game that we were playing last night and it had the same broken piece on the corner and we freaked out. Then a light flashed out of it and a person came out. Me and Tony looked at each other and were shocked. It was a boy, he had long hair, tall, and very skinny. I think he was as scared or shocked as us.

We asked what is his name and how old he was, he said his name is Tony and he is 16. He hid behind the trash because he heard sirens. Tony said he was running away from the police because they wanted to do more tests on him. We said “ What tests” and he said “Just get me somewhere safe PLEASE”. He was crying and we felt bad for him so we took him to Tony’s house. We gave him some of our snacks and he was eating all of it, he was really hungry and still wanted more food, so we gave him some from the refrigerator. We were trying to calm him down because he was paranoid about sirens. Six hours passed and Tony’s mom came home and she was expecting me not there so me and John climbed out of the window and i took John to my house and since my mom was in Mexico, he stood at my house for a couple days. I was gonna call my mom when she will come back, but I probably dropped it when we were at the liquor store. So me and John went back at the liquor store and I was looking around the dumpsters and I found it behind the dumpster. But then I heard police sirens and John was crying again and he went hiding behind the bushes. The police parked in front of the liquor and asked me if I have  seen a person named John and showed me a picture, and it was a picture of John, I said that I haven't seen that person. They then looked behind me, and said “ Okay, thank you” and they took me to the liquor store and asked me if i had a phone and I gave it to them and they smashed it and tied me to a chair and then they left as the store was empty. And I got out of the chair as it took a couple minutes. And I ran outside and went where John was and he was not there. I think they took John, as I was looking around the whole place. I never saw John again, but suddenly I felt my body shaking and I was in my bed. Where my mom was there telling me to wake up and saying “Justin wake up”. And I woke up, I told her what happened and she was saying that I was not waking up. I guess the whole thing was a big dream and that John did not exist.

My story is about two friends that play a bored game that the friend bought in a garage sale, and are planning on ditching school but encounter a person.