Terraria | Teen Ink

Terraria

July 3, 2018
By Marco_C BRONZE, Monrovia, California
Marco_C BRONZE, Monrovia, California
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

On a completely ordinary day, something extraordinary happened to a very average gamer and his girlfriend. That gamers name was Ralph. Ralph graduated from Arcadia High with his beautiful girlfriend Carly. They were both into gaming, and wanted to pursue their streaming careers together. One day they decided to make a stop at Gamestop to pick up a new gaming console. Ralph noticed this awkward looking machine that was labeled, “Recently Returned”, and it was cheaper than all of the other consoles, so they bought that one. Carly noticed that it came with only two controllers, which was ideal for their situation, and only came with one game that was called Terraria. At first when they tried to power it up nothing would happen, then suddenly, the screen went static for a moment and the name Terraria showed up on the screen. They completely ignored the static screen thing, and hit start. The second they hit start, they were both sucked into the game themselves! As they spawn in they notice they only have 100 hp to start with, along with only a pickaxe, and an axe. So what do you do with those materials, Ralph begins to take her axe to some nearby trees and Carly takes to the ground. Carly went so deep that she fell into an underground cavern. Meanwhile back at the surface Ralph is attempting to fight off these green slimy creatures with a wooden sword he made at a workbench that was also made from the wood he had harvested. He finally takes the lives of the green creatures and goes to make sure Carly is ok.


“Ralph!” Carly cried. “Yah, are you ok?” yelled Ralph into the what seemed like endless cavern. “Yah, just help me out of here.” says Carly. Carly couldn’t see a thing, she couldn’t even craft anything because Ralph had the table in his inventory. “Im jumping down there!” Yelled Ralph. He falls so far down he almost loses all his HP to fall damage. Ralph crafts torches with gel and wood on the crafting table he has from earlier and places some around them so they could see. There were pots everywhere, huge pots. So carly began smashing them with the hope of them containing anything useful. She shattered all but one, she takes a swing and see’s a bunch of rope drop to the floor. That was their way out, Ralph grabs the rope and as he throws it to the top of the hole they fell in, he sees something glowing in the corner of his eye, it was a chest! He ran over and opened it up and saw that it contained an enchanted sword that shot a beam on every swing, also he sees an enchanted bow that requires no ammo at all, just pull the string back and an arrow appears! He gave the enchanted bow to Carly. Now that they are both armed they climb the rope and get out of the underground caverns. As they reach the top they realize it's gotten to be 7:30 pm ingame, that usually means increased spawn rates for enemies and bosses. Ralph senses some evil lurking presence watching them, and as the both turn around they see a gigantic flying eyeball with 10,000 HP. They start running for their lives while attacking the boss known as the Eye of Cthulhu with their new weapons from the chest. They get it's HP to half and it starts spinning around shedding it's cornea, revealing all it's nasty sharp teeth, to begins to dash at them with twice the speed as before. Both of them take critical hits nearly killing them due to the fact that they have no armor. It reaches 100 health, as they both swing and shoot their weapons right next to each other creating a super attack with the product of both weapon projectiles. The laser arrow hits the eye for a critical of 150 damage, killing it and dropping something called a treasure bag. They open the treasure bag and see an immediate burst of light as they are sent back to reality. “WOW!” They both said in unison.