Rollins College | Teen Ink

Rollins College MAG

By Matt Schiller BRONZE, Slingerlands, New York
Matt Schiller BRONZE, Slingerlands, New York

Winter Park, FL: If studying in the shade of palm trees or perhaps out by a lake doesn’t sound like one of the most relaxing ways to spend your college career, then I don’t know what does. Rollins College is a small, private, liberal arts college located in the Sunshine state, about 15 minutes outside Orlando. Rollins has an enrollment of about 3,000 students with many backgrounds, hailing from 40 states and 50 countries.

It’s hard to argue with the weather in Florida, where the average temperature in winter is in the low 70s. Rollins was founded in 1885 alongside gorgeous Lake Virginia. As you walk through the campus, you will pass Spanish-style buildings, which are dwarfed by the beautiful Knowles Memorial Chapel. You will walk under beautiful Spanish archways, with terracotta shingles, that look as if conquistadors could have passed here just yesterday. All of the buildings have a Spanish feel to their exterior, but the interiors are all state of the art.

If you are nervous about fitting in at Rollins, don’t be! Rollins College has something for everyone with over 100 student organizations, six sororities, five fraternities, and 22 varsity sports. Almost all of Rollins varsity teams compete in the Sunshine State Conference in the NCAA Division II. If you love sports but don’t want the commitment of varsity, you can always participate in club or intramural sports.

The most important aspect of Rollins is a world-class education. It has been ranked the number-one regional university by U.S. News & World Report for 10 of the last 11 years. Rollins offers 35 majors and 47 minors. It also offers a few Master’s programs, including the top-ranked MBA in all of Florida.

Rollins College is a close-knit, vibrant community with something for everyone. Whether you want to play varsity sports or just enjoy the sun all year round, Rollins is the place to be. Rollins College is postcard-worthy, with academics that are just as good as its architecture.

Find out if Rollins is the place for you at www.rollins.edu.