University Of Pennsylvania | Teen Ink

University Of Pennsylvania MAG

Philadelphia, PA: Don't think that because you're looking to go to an Ivy League school, you'll have to spend your college years at a boring, intellectual, highfalutin' university. At the University of Pennsylvania, you'll get a top-notch education at one of the best schools in the country, but also have the most fun-filled college experience. The students at Penn care about their studies, but also know how to have a good time.

Located right in the heart of Philadelphia, the surrounding area has so much to offer a college student. With concerts, museums, and theatre, there is always something to keep you busy. Campus security is high and transportation services allow students to get around with ease.

With a student population of 12,000 undergraduates and 11,000 graduates, Penn is the perfect size. Eighty percent of undergraduate classes have less than 20 students. Penn has 30 men's and women's intercollegiate NCAA varsity teams. There are many club-level sports and an intramural sports program that involves over 12,000 members of the university community.

Penn is composed of four undergraduate schools, including the world-renowned Wharton School of Business. There are twelve graduate and professional schools, which include the famous Annenberg School for Communication. In The Best 300 Colleges, it is noted that "Penn is not one school but four, and each school is different." Thirty-five percent of Penn is involved in a fraternity or sorority. It also mentions that "the students at Penn are serious about their studies, but they also know how to relax on weekends and have fun. Penn offers true balance, not often found at colleges." f

Reviewed in 1995

i love this !